Sign in to follow this  
apollothethird

737 with 3D Cockpit

I'm getting ready to purchase my first payware plane for X-Plane.  I'm looking to get a 737 with a 3D Cockpit.  It would be nice if it also had built in shared cockpit functionality.  I understand the latter is unlikely for X-Plane because I haven't heard of it.

Anyway I'm hoping to have recommendations from other experienced users of which ones to look at and why.

So far I'm looking at http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=556 .

I guess it's not exactly a 737, but it looks like one and the description says it's modeled off the 737.  I"m very impressed with the looks of the 3D Cockpit.

Thanks in advance for any input.

-- L. James

-- 

L. D. James

ljames@apollo3.com

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

Um, the '732' is a class designation for the entire 737-xxx series of aircraft. I know it's confusing, but that really is a model of a 737-200, but certainly not an ADV...

The ADV (advanced) aircraft have a Sperry SP-177 autopilot and 1st generation glass ADI and HSI installed, along with an FMS.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Fr. Bill.  Confusing is an understatement.  But I have lots of gaps, but they are slowly being filled in.  So from your comment, it sounds (unless I'm misunderstanding) that I'm on pretty good track with the FlyJSim 732 TwinJet.

-- L. James

-- 

L. D. James

ljames@apollo3.com

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

The OP sounds like he is looking for something along the lines of a modern 737 -6,7,8,etc. I'm not sure if you are aware the 737-200 has no FMS/GPS even the MCP is not as advanced. I think if you are looking something more familiar to a modern 737 for X-plane I would look at Flight Factors 757. The 737-200 is a joy, but it might not be what you are looking for,

Well, insofar as it is a 737-200 yes. Since I've never bothered to install XP10 I have no direct experience with either it or this specific aircraft package...

I've just spent the last two and a half years developing the B737-200C (Combi) for FSX and Prepar3Dv2, so I am familiar enough with the aircraft itself to answer your precise question... :Big Grin:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The OP sounds like he is looking for something along the lines of a modern 737 -6,7,8,etc. I'm not sure if you are aware the 737-200 has no FMS/GPS even the MCP is not as advanced. I think if you are looking something more familiar to a modern 737 for X-plane I would look at Flight Factors 757. The 737-200 is a joy, but it might not be what you are looking for,

Thanks.  My experience in the Sim community has mostly been with FS9 and FSX.  The only planes I used with the two sims were the C172 and the Boeing 737.  I dropped Microsoft Flight Sim when Microsoft Dropped it.  I always keep up with updates and upgrades, but didn't feel comfortably with something that appeared to have a bleak future.

I believe both MS9 and FSX were featured and solid enough to last many years without updates.  But again, it was my opinion to look into something that I could grow with.  That is why eventually, about a year ago, I purchased X-Plane.

Now, after a year, I'm starting to feel more conformable with X-Plane.  With this comfort, I'm looking to have more of my past experience by bringing a 737 (with virtual cockpit) to my "new" environment.

I'm sure I'll eventually start venturing out with other planes.  I'm looking at the M80 that was posted on this site a few days ago.

I had gotten pretty deficient in handling (taking off, landing, cruising) of the FS9 and FSX 737.  I'm looking for the learning curb for X-Plane.  That's why I was so specific with the 737.

I experiment with the FMC, but only with the vasFMC programs.  I mainly flew visual.

I'm finding that X-Plane is requirement much more time, experience, and training, so this is a very different domain for me.

I'll see where things takes me, and look into the 757.  I appreciate the advice and input.  And I am looking into keeping up with what is more modern.

I'll also be looking at what is more common at the real airports.

-- L. James

-- 

L. D. James

ljames@apollo3.com

www.apollo3.com/~ljames