Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Invalid hardware or driver detected

I just exited fsx and had this message waiting for me on the main screen it was in a box saying - 

Invalid hardware or driver detected

this graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for shader support. this product requires a geforce3/radeon8500 class or better graphics card

what the hell does that mean i posted my specs below i have the latest graphics card :(

Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-4770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max 
ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Vernon Howells

Perhaps not seated properly, dirty contacts even, dust in Pci slot or on the card (greasy fingers) ?

Power supply not enough ?

Just thoughts....perhaps try deleting the contents of your Shader folder and allow them to be rebuilt. Got to be worth a try.

Try reinstalling the card driver using the Clean Install option.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Got this from nvidia support -

Really nothing you can do for this, plenty of older games all have this type of issue where they have a set list of graphics they detect, and show whether its supported or not. A few years later new graphics cards come up and the software cant correctly detect them because the software wasnt programed to detect them.

Basically nothing you need to change/fix on your end, its just a result of outdated software on the FSX side.

Vernon Howells

Take NVIDIA's reply with a large pinch of salt. Their is a huge number of folk with 780 cards and you are the first I have encountered with this problem.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Is it worth while updating drivers all the time because thats what i've been doing? How do you do a clean install?

Vernon Howells

That is among the messages and errors I experienced with the Nvidia drivers later than 335.23.

With the 337.50, 337.88 and the 340.23 drivers I was getting promising performance but also random CTD's and BSOD's. Since reverting to 335.23 the issues have ceased.

That may be something worth trying.

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Hi thanks for that i've had about 3 driver updates since i got the 780

I'll uninstall drivers and go back to the original

I also got a kernelbase.dll ctd you think thats part of it too?

Vernon Howells

ok i'm back to 331.82 is that ok? or will i get 335.23?

The 335.23 has worked nicely for me. But, you might want to try a few flights with the 331.82 and see if that has eliminated your problems before moving  to the 335.23.

Jesse Cochran

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

too late i've got the 335.23 now but i'll try that out thanks alot

Vernon Howells

too late i've got the 335.23 now but i'll try that out thanks alot

Should be fine. Let us know how it works out.

Jesse Cochran

Well... I'm very sorry to hear that. I was really hopeful for you. Also sorry for any wasted effort.

Perhaps someone else will have a better idea.

Jesse Cochran

and i got that graphics card message when going through the menu

Vernon Howells

My money's on flaky hardware.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.