Sign in to follow this  
Piotr007

A strange FMS issue after reinstall, involves F-PLAN,CO ROUTE, CI, and even the CDU map

Hi guys,

My MD-11 has some serious problems I cannot manage to resolve. The problems are:

* No CO ROUTE is showing on the FMS F-PLAN page, although I entered it correctly. On the CDU however, I can see the route is successfully loaded, can see all the waypoints en   total route..

* I cannot enter CI, not allowed

* TO/FROM cannot be filled in (if I enter random EDDF/EDDF for example it says NOT IN DATABASE)

* SIDS and STARS have vanished. When I look op de flightplan and choose STAR of destination airport there are none. The same goes up for the SIDS.

-----------------------------------------

It all started with the problem I had when I suddenly wanted to do a flight today from EDDF/LSZH with the MD-11F. When I loaded up the airplane, all of the numbers in the cockpit were strangely changed to 1ÄÄóó (represented altitude of 10.000), instead of 10.000 on the PFD. Also the other numbers were messed up. Also some strange symbols @ when turning on the VOR's left and right. 

My conclusion was that the PMDG airplanes seem to be mess up by something. I had this 2 days earlier with the 777. I loaded it into FSX and every number was gone, you could only see the coloured background of your instruments, but no text or numbers. I cannot explain this better....

The repair of the 777 succeeded and it changed back to normal.

But with the MD-11 I still have the problems after even a clean reinstall:

* No CO ROUTE is showing on the FMS F-PLAN page, although I entered it correctly. On the CDU however, I can see the route is successfully loaded, can see all the waypoints en   total route..

* I cannot enter CI, not allowed

* TO/FROM cannot be filled in (if I enter random EDDF/EDDF for example it says NOT IN DATABASE)

* SIDS and STARS have vanished. When I look op de flightplan and choose STAR of destination airport there are none. The same goes up for the SIDS.

The FMS seems still to be bogus. But also when I turn on "show waypoints/airports on ND", nothing is to be seen. After a fresh reinstall there are problems?

Please help me.

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Try doing the repair option from your md-11 exe

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

YES!!!

The Airac 1407!!! This is causing it. Revert back.

The MD-11 has problems with the new airac 1407. Be Aware!

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Navigraph has a revision 2 for 1407 if you don't want to revert to a prior cycle. The FMS was useless with the original 1407 but revision 2 seems to have fixed the problem.