Sign in to follow this  
gnomegemini

Is impact of ambient temperature of freight simulated?

Hi there,

I read sometime ago new filled fuel has no impact on fuel temperature (i.e. after landing).

My question is: if I load up freight at an airport with high oat, will the freight have an impact to the plane? You can see at the pilots eye 777 aerologic flight that the pilots turn on air conditioning for the cargo area as the temperature in the compartment got pretty high because of the freight standing at the airport and heatened up by the sun.

Maybe funny to experiment with? At least another thing of influence to look after if modelled.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I doubt that is modelled in the sim, only the outside air temperature at the altitude of the aircraft at that time has a direct impace on fuel temperature and ambient cabin temperature, i'd imagine. I seriously doubt insolation is accounted for in the sun.

I do know that if you open all the doors in say -40c weather, the cabin will slowly cool down, if you just open say the 1R\L doors, the front of the cabin will cool first, and faster, than the rest. So individual zones are modelled. I don't believe cargo heat is simulated.

Yes I know zones are simulated. My question was if cargo ambient heat is simulated. If cargo is exposed to direct sunlight it'll heat up. If inside aircraft, it's heat will heat the aircraft zones up a bit.