Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

How are yearly months defined in Australia\NZ versus Europe/USA?

Oh yeah..the other thing about Australia is it is the place that turns things around...for example ABBA won the EuroVision (kind of like American Idol), which meant they were finished. SO they just moved to the land of really bad taste and became huge stars....Awesome Career move  :lol:

Matthew Kane

We have these things called 'trains'. :-). Not to be confused with 'road-trains' which are are series of stupidly long trailers behind a semi.

Canberra is cold today!

Didn't even think of that...  :fool:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I could care less, probably depends where you are from in the US, I say, I could not care less, or I couldn't care less. In the west we say fur, not for, so when in the west one will say for example, we are in fur a big storm, I think fur instance :blush: Many things in US in the south we called all pop, coke. Take states, Virginia, is Va-ginia, Wisconsin, Wis-sconsin. Too many odd things.

Ah okay, thanks for that Polar. :)

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

And in oz some restaurants will do Christmas in July.

Really, the main reason we don't have Christmas in the middle of the year is because it is drop bear mating season then and we dare not go outdoors during that time.

And when the drop bears are getting it on you can bet the hoop snakes will be out and about, followed by the bunyips!

How did people travel from Sydney to Perth before air travel? The distance is brutal by plane let alone driving. I'm doing allot of Down Under flying now that I got NZ fully covered. It's amazing Perth was even settled being so far away from the habitual section of southeast Aus. Darwin is even worse with nothing meaningful in between (Alice Springs is a small town). Most of Aus is undeveloped meaning a few gas cans are in order for city to city travel. Years ago I would have opted for sea travel to Sydney versus horse and buggy or horse in general, the outback is huge. Heck their using A330-200/300 between Sydney and Perth as the distance is so great and the volume of people that have to get back and forth... Wow is an understatement. If Aus was ever to get invaded years ago the Outback alone would get the invading army without a shot being fired.

A lot of travel between population centres in the 1800's and to mid 1900's was by sea and there were quite a few shipwrecks along the way.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg