Sign in to follow this  
Guest MattNW

Name one bug you want fixed for FS10...

"Most people with "performance problems" have none, except between their ears.They get 100+ fps in Doom and think that therefore they must have the same in FS as well. They don't understand why FS gives lower framerates and why it doesn't matter. They can't even begin to comprehend the disconnect that exists in FS between framerates and performance (and it appears neither can you)."The only disconnect is that between you and the members here Jeroen. As usual, you miss the point in favor of trying to dig at our community. If someone comes into the forum and says--"I get 10fps, why?"--and someone else reviews the specifics and offers a compromise--then the fps counter has served its purpose. You seem to use measurements to take swipes at people vs. helping them. Likely you're one of those Six Sigma blackbelts who places metrics on everything without understanding why. I think the fps counter exists to help compare performance, and diagnose when a user has a setting or issue that isn't normal. You say most people with performance problems have none? Obviously you know programming, but nada about systems support. That's the fight I have with my developers constantly--they assume the problem is everyone else's but theirs. Something about high IQ=high denial :)Seriously, I think you chose this thread as another venue to insult the community. I am not surprised--you have to get in at least one post a week.-John

Guest lemonadedrinker

>>>Bears and other animals that run wild in the bush. They stop and stare as the plane approaches and then run away as it passes overhead. If the bears are anything like the A.I.pilots there will be(ar) kaos on the runways!!Bug Fix2: I would like to be able to access the flight planning map outside the sim and have it full screen as well.

FS2004 has its chickens--so I guess animals are one step up in the food chain..-John

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

More flexible failures...I'd love nothing more than to be able to simulate a rear rotor failure in a Bell...

I'd like to see a totally new assembly of the aircraft models or for that matter actually everything in the fs world. Imagine you're wings bending, twisting and turning realisticly Your bogies leaving gently the ground (no wheels which sink into it), tires which deform under pressure! The reason why the animations today look mostly unrealistic (fs limitations) is because the animation doesn't base on physics calculation but on key frames. I want every part of the aircraft to have it's defined mass, every spring to have it's proper characterics in there and let the physics engine do the rest!!Man, what a great day it will be when there's enough processing power to simulate just every bolt there is!regards,Claudio

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

" Why not Voice ATC - if VOXATc can do it, then I'm sure MS could integrate much better, especially if other ATC suggestions are also included."It's ON IT'S WAY!! When I get myself squared away again I will give another status update since I had some working issues over the last 2 months. www.fsthings.comCarmine http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/Images/wave.gif

>More flexible failures...I'd love nothing more than to be>able to simulate a rear rotor failure in a Bell...You are interested in simulating a crash? ;)

Guest ssurjap

Ok, my first one didn't count because I was too stupid to choose the right option.Anyway, I'd like to be able to request direct to a waypoint (or final destination) without having to file a new flight plan. I've tried to just choose the point in my original flight plan I'd like as a direct waypoint on the GPS, but it didn't give me the option on the ATC menu.I know that you can do that with Radar Contact, but I'd like to see it fixed in FS.

Guest nigelb

Improved ATC - SID/STAR approaches, speed control, bettor vectoring for non STAR approaches (fewer zig-zags)

Guest Adeym

Anyone mention the stutters? :DOh... and those awful stuttersP.S - THOSE F$%

Guest DLM9000

Xpand Rally (Tecland Poland) has wild animals that run across the Rally Tracks. I almost hit a deer. They have animated humans that jump out on the track and take pictures and cheer you on, on the side of the track. And not like Colin McRae 05 (bitmaps with moving arms), these people are fully animated. They have birds that fly out of the bush when you race by. Grass that blows in the wind, Clouds that pass over and cast shadows on the ground. Rain that changes intensity as you pass through it. Sounds trivial, but I am sure it was quite an undertaking. I think most developers could learn something from playing with Xpand Rally. It is the most realistic looking simulation of the world I have ever seen. (It is also a very realistic simulation of the physics of a car.)MicroSoft Developers, get a copy of Xpand Rally and realize the potential. If this small company can do that, imagine what you can do.DM

1. Get's darker as you climb in altitude.2. Correct SID/STAR's in default database.3. Smarter AI spacing for approaches (ATC doesn't fly you into other aircraft anymore).4. AI aircraft exit off the active faster when they land.5. You

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Not really a bug, but I would like to see native 5.1 surround support. My 5.1's can emulate 5.1 surround sound, but it does sound much better if the program outputs this natively.Craig