Sign in to follow this  
Guest MattNW

Name one bug you want fixed for FS10...

Just one per person please, so we can get them all in! Oh, and keep the description simple too.Me, I'd like to see the sunrises not suddenly do a "doubletake" and repeat itself ten minutes later.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sudden wind shifts and instant transitions from haze to no haze...

The possibility to call up the fps counter I consider the most serious bug.It causes untold problems when people get so focussed on that number and getting it to they no longer enjoy the game and are a constant nuisance with their complaints about "poor fps".

I want it to have all the addons I had to buy for CF9 already incorporated,at a minimum ;)

Not surprised you'd come in with a remark like that Jeroen. Considering what is a nuisance to you is one of the reasons this forum exists--to help analyze and help those that have performance out of the norm for their systems--I'm wondering how well received your latest comment will be among those old timers here who got "over the fps hurdle" with such help. Anyway, your remark certainly doesn't contribute to this thread, as usual.To respond to the thread's theme, less weathervaning while on the ground in wind is something I'd love to see fixed. It's near impossible to approach Ercoupe style, in a crab, and not end up pointed into the wind on landing vs straightening out as one should in that type of aircraft. -John

Improved ATC vectors. Taking account faster aircraft versus slower aircraft. Yes, I believe it can be done. At least remove the unnecessary zig-zag turns into final.

contacting approach control prior to entering B or C class airspace while on a VFR flight plan.currently you contact tower directly - never ever gonn'a happen IRL

True overcast and the ability to have different layers of visibility to go with that. (IE rain below the overcast)Hornit

Fix it so it doesn't feel like the aircraft is on a sheet of ice when turning on the ground. Especially bad at high speeds.Matt

I would like to see the AI aircraft fly airway routes as in real life rather than departure direct destination.

The ability to change and experiment with scenery without having to shut down and restart John

Id like to see the time zones fixed, as well as all the other bugs mentioned.I feel that FS2004 was the most unstable release of the modern versions.Jason

- Improved smoothness (optimised) / FDE out-the-box for one.- Why not Voice ATC - if VOXATc can do it, then I'm sure MS could integrate much better, especially if other ATC suggestions are also included.Sorry that was 2.Regards,Stuart Hyett

Smoothness. Nothing else. No new features. Just performance.Alex

the blasted zig-zags get my vote - and my goat! :)regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Improving ATC, mainly SID/STARs and aircraft spacing on finals. I don't need any better eye-candy - it's fine now and could last until FS11.

After landing, most AI aircrafts taxi so slowly that it takes them hours to leave the RWY and ATC tells me to go around. I don't know if this is really a bug, but it keeps buggin' me (sorry...).Cheers, Holger

Apart from a new and decent Flight Model, I'd say STUTTERS and CRAPPY TEXTURE LOADING...

Since many of the things I would like to see improved have been mentioned, here's one, actually 2 (sorry), i'd like to see addressed:improve the default apron and taxi textures with something like a dxt3 alpha channel along the edge so there is not such a sharp transition between the taxiways, aprons and the surrounding grass. A gradual transition from concrete or what have you to grass would be a major improvement. Most good payware sceneries have this nice effect. Most other things can be modified in scenery design but the one thing that 'bugs' me is how fake the taxiways and aprons look - way too sharp and abrupt a transition.Make an editable terrain mesh so the end user can alter terrain around AND ON the airport. It would be nice to let people modify an airport, putting in little hills, dips etc. MS airports are too flat IMO.Thanks for listening...Adam