btw do you guys want to make aviation  a career or its not worth it for the money? Because the only reason I want to by this stuff is to help me learn and become a pilot but sometimes i think Its not worth it cause the pay. Do all pilots start at the regionals?

It's tough - there's always more stuff to buy for simming that there is money in the pocket... I feel your pain!

Both these planes use yokes, plus rudder pedals are absolutely a must in my opinion.  You can always save a bit of coin and upgrade your scenery down the road.  You don't mention it, but if you don't already have a high fidelity version of either a Boeing (PMDG) or a Cessna (A2A), I would absolutely spring for either of those before upgrading scenery as well.

Not that I'm against upgrading scenery, but you'll find that scenery can be a bit of black hole when it comes to the wallet;  there's far more available than most have money to spend.  Whereas a high fidelity simulation of something you really want to fly, plus a bit of hardware to improve the immersion goes a long long way.

Also, I'm definitely a fan of the X55 stick as well, it's a very worthwhile piece of kit and (in my opinion) of far higher quality than the Pro-Flight yoke is.  I own both, and swap between them regularly depending on what I'm flying.

Edit:  I also just noticed you mentioned an extra throttle and a switch panel.  While the extra throttle quadrant is nice to have to simulate twins, both it and the switch panel can be done without if your trying to save a bit.  And when you are looking to spend a bit more on hardware, the Saitek TPM panel is a really, really nice item for GA planes such as Cessnas.

I just stumbled on this post.

I have Saitek's yoke, throttle, pedals and just bought the X52 Pro.

How do you have them programmed? SST from Saitek because I spent 90 minutes on the phone with them on Friday and they duplicated that I can't have the software for the yoke AND the software for the X52 installed on the same PC. It locks out the button functionality on my yoke.

So I bought FSUIPC and now I'm struggling to learn how to use it AND what makes it even more frustrating is I don't think FSUIPC can access the Mode 1-2-3 button so I lose 2/3 of my assignments.

Jack Sawyer