Sign in to follow this  
hugopilot

Making A350 for FSX

Questions about the A350x Progress  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should i start the project

Here are the screenshots for the a350!

FYI, you can essentially "rent" (pay as you go) 3DSMax 2015 for about $185/mo ... if you don't plan to do this on a regular basis and can get the model done within a month.  I've even seen it as low as $125/mo during a promo.  http://www.autodesk.com/products/3ds-max/buy?mktvar002=612307&src=OMSE

unregistered and even Russian developers (I've seen personally) frequent a popular site that mostly serves for torrents but also other things. Also a friend who works in the government said they have cracked versions of windows and other software, nothing surprising for the whole of eastern europe. It's just a part of our daily lives. Nothing to complain about though, as I guess it saves a lot of tax money that can be used for more useful things like hospitals and schools.

Wow, I've heard A LOT of excuses to steal software but "government steals software so they can use the money saved to build schools and hospitals" ... that's definitely a new one and congratulations on being so creative ... but ... if one's government is stealing software to save money, I can guarantee you it's NOT going towards schools and hospitals ... because if it were then they wouldn't need to steal the software would they?  Personally I'd be very worried if my government was stealing software "on purpose and considered acceptable practice".

Cheers, Rob.

Guys, i was thinking. Should i scan i cockpit of a A350 with a 3d scanner and make a model from it? Much easier then making a model by my self

a ) How do you get access to an A350 cockpit?

b )How do you get access to a 3D scanner?

c ) You still need to turn the polygon mess that a 3D scan will produce into single buttons, knobs, switches, etc...

Better create it entirely yourself.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Well, I don't know. The reason why I want to scan the cockpit because you are just 2 hours scanning, after it, I can make separate button, knobs or what ever. On the other side it's really hard to make a cockpit, detailed and in high quality.

Before I forget, a: Go to an air show. B: Just buy it for €400 or rent it

Edited by hugopilot

Hi Guys, i am almost done with the interior (so i keep it secret). About programming, i am a C# guy (not a grade) and a bit experience with C++, is it possible to program the plane with C#? Or should i do it with C++?

For gauges you have three choices: C++ or XML... or a combination of both.

For a virtual cockpit though your choice is singular: XML only via the modeldef.xml file, although with quite a bit of additional effort you can have the essential logic coded in a C++ module.

This type of question is best asked in the dedicated Aircraft and Panel forum however.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

First, I admire your passion in developping this A350. Big thumbs up! I've got a few questions if you allow me:

1- Are you doing this work all by yourself?

2- Are you aiming for PMDG-like system depth, or rather something similar to the Just Flight F-Light series?

First, I admire your passion in developping this A350. Big thumbs up! I've got a few questions if you allow me:

1- Are you doing this work all by yourself?

2- Are you aiming for PMDG-like system depth, or rather something similar to the Just Flight F-Light series?

If he could get it at leat at 90%, then I would say we have a pretty solid aircraft.

I had not seen this post; however, if our friend here is still working on it, I must give him a standing ovation. I myself would not even know where to start. So, instead of telling him how difficult it would be (without giving him the facts as to why, or where), I would just say: "Go for it.. Do your best and a bit more." It will not be overnight, ask around for advices and perphas you could work with a developer and then share the profits- just an advice!

So, Best of luck to you. I would be the first to purchase it if it were at least close to Aerosoft's A321.