Sign in to follow this  
Vlooi

NVidia 340 Series Drivers

some work from nV could make a considerable difference to the platform

Agree, especially when it comes to DX11.

DX12 should remove some of that dependency on nVidia, but that's future talk/spec, nothing here and now.

I tried the new WHQL [non BETA] 340.52 driver set today, and can report the tessellation bug is still present, causing missing triangles in the terrain. A pity nV did not fix this widely reported issue in time for this set... if it were a COD game it most certainly would :Sigh:

I tried the new WHQL [non BETA] 340.52 driver set today, and can report the tessellation bug is still present, causing missing triangles in the terrain. A pity nV did not fix this widely reported issue in time for this set... if it were a COD game it most certainly would :Sigh:

Thats insane - we spend tons of money on Their graphic cards the least they can do it put out a decent driver for them

Rich Sennett

Open up GeForce Experience then click "Send Feedback" in the bottom right corner. Category "Drivers" then "Tell us an issue about graphics drivers". Now you can complain to them.

Ah...thanks Mike.

What setups are you guys running?  Just wondering if it's SLI specific or whether my solitary 870M would do the same.

Sigh...

The only way to avoid the problem is to turn tessellation off, which of course is not worth it, unless for some reason, another game forces you to use the newer drivers... It seems to happen regardless of set-up, so we can only wait and hope its fixed soon, and proper support added.

The Geforce 340.52 WHQL driver just released. Same driver version as Quadro. Haven't tested yet, but being same version expect no changes.

Just read that ManuelG from NVidia confirmed they have fixed the tessellation bug, and the fix will be included in the next driver following this one just released. He didn't state though whether it will be the next beta or WHQL driver.

The only way to avoid the problem is to turn tessellation off, which of course is not worth it, unless for some reason, another game forces you to use the newer drivers... It seems to happen regardless of set-up, so we can only wait and hope its fixed soon, and proper support added.

Thanks.  No particular need to run those specific drivers so I'll sit tight for the fix....

Just read that ManuelG from NVidia confirmed they have fixed the tessellation bug

Good!... where did you see this quote?

Good!... where did you see this quote?

Where I asked him. :)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4880478&postcount=380

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors