Sign in to follow this  
theglideslope

"*FMC" Message on EICAS

Hi all. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS PMDG, yet another flawless creation with B777-300ER. Awesome to the slightest detail.

I have an issue that's ocurring since the new patch (datalink update). 

I have a constant message on the Memo Messages area in the Upper EICAS.

*FMC

According to the FCOM on Chapter 5 Section 50:

*ATC

Level

Medium

Message Logic

An ATC data link message has been received or an armed report has been sent. 

Crew Action

Respond to message displayed on EICAS or select the MFD Communications display.

The point is, this message continuously shows up. I pressed the DEL key to delete the information on the scratchpad on the CDU and still the EICAS memo message persists. What must be done to delete this entry from the EICAS? Isn't this a temporary instance that should go away once the datalink is complete? 

Hi all. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS PMDG, yet another flawless creation with B777-300ER. Awesome to the slightest detail.

I have an issue that's ocurring since the new patch (datalink update). 

I have a constant message on the Memo Messages area in the Upper EICAS.

*FMC

According to the FCOM on Chapter 5 Section 50:

*ATC

Level

Medium

Message Logic

An ATC data link message has been received or an armed report has been sent. 

Crew Action

Respond to message displayed on EICAS or select the MFD Communications display.

The point is, this message continuously shows up. I pressed the DEL key to delete the information on the scratchpad on the CDU and still the EICAS memo message persists. What must be done to delete this entry from the EICAS? Isn't this a temporary instance that should go away once the datalink is complete? 

Not an "issue."

Realistic behavior.

*FMC means "pay attention to the FMC."

When this happens, there will be a scratchpad message.  Most people seem to delete it without reading it for some reason, but it would tell you what the *FMC was alerting you to.  If you mistakenly cleared it, go to the FMC COMM page and look for any prompts for uplinked information.  Periodic *FMC messages on the EICAS are usually for the ALTN list updates.

I believe this is covered in the Intro Manual Supplement, which should be read.

Additionally, it's required to use real names in signatures here.

Kyle Rodgers

If you take a good look at the original post I am not asking what the message is about. I actually read the FCOM. My questions are, and I quote for your reading:

The issue isn't the message, I know what it means. The issue is that message persists even after I checked what the FMC is alerting me, therefore my question is what procedure is to be done in order to make it go away. That's it. In Boeing's CDU (or other CDUs I simulated) the deletion of the message is enough to turn off the prompt on EICAS or ECAM. This case, however, the resolution eludes me. 

As token of my good will, I added my name in the signature now that you informed me of that. I didn't like, however how you replied to my post. I don't wish to be mistreated for pointing out an issue I have.

If thought the reply I would get was "read the manual" I wouldn't have come here. 

And I DID read the manual, I think I read it more than what I needed since both the 737 and 777 FCOMs have been my bed time read lately. 

Depending on the datalink options selected in aircraft options, a route request (during preflight), or a winds request (at any time) may automatically trigger additional requests once the original request is accepted.

In this case the EICAS FMC message will be displayed, until all requests are handled.

Press the CDU FMC COMM key to check if any uplink is pending, then go to the relevant CDU page to accept or reject the data.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Thanks for that answer, Michael, as it has cleared up for me what the OP noticed.

Hi all,

Apparently I had an installation issue since sometimes the Left CDU screen would go blank upon pressing the 2D panel popup. So I did a fresh install and now both the CDU screen issue and Memo are gone.

Now when I press the CLR key on the CDU scratchpad message, the Memo Message disappears on the EICAS as it should. 

I knew there was something wrong. Thanks for the help anyways. 

Depending on the datalink options selected in aircraft options, a route request (during preflight), or a winds request (at any time) may automatically trigger additional requests once the original request is accepted.

In this case the EICAS FMC message will be displayed, until all requests are handled.

Press the CDU FMC COMM key to check if any uplink is pending, then go to the relevant CDU page to accept or reject the data.

As I said above, the issue I had is now gone since I done a fresh install. I would address all data uplink messages (FMC Comm page) and the message would persist anyway, even after pressing CLR on the CDU scratchpad. Now it's gone. 

I just had this issue right now flying from LOWW to EDLP. I too wondered about the FMC message on the EICAS and how to respond to it. I understand it now, thanks for the explanation.

Cheers, Marc Lohman, The Netherlands

Okay folks, not sure but in my case, I tried to change the cruise altitude on PERF page but didn't work. Then this problem has occurred.

But I've managed to make it disappear after changing the altitude from VNAV page from the other FMC which is working.