Sign in to follow this  
ronaldlim

PMDG B777 VC cockpit screens freezing

Hi PMDG,

I just have a screen freezing incident on the PMDG B777-300ER when trying to fly from Singapore to Melbourne. Is there any fixes for this? For me this started once I engaged the time compression. Just out of frustration, I have had not a single good flight with the PMDG SP1 since its release on sat. I thought that 10 months for development of the SP1 will release a less buggy flight experience.

Hope anyone out there has a fix to the screen freezing problem(I only have this problem now once I installed the SP1)

Regards,
Ronald

I was told they are planning to release a fix for this issue this afternoon. Just remember that SP1 was created and tested on a select group of machines owned by PMDG and the respective beta testers, and since that pool of machines was so small, the bug that you and I both are experiencing did not appear until after RTM. They were only aware of it AFTER release, since no one in the beta group experienced it before release.  That gives you an idea of how much computers differ from each other. Believe me, you are not the only one with a sidelined Triple 7 right now. It has been experienced by many, many people.

I had the same issue and not sure if it is just an intermittent issue but when I fly from the FO side on -300 I don't have any freezing issues.

Just remember that SP1 was created and tested on a select group of machines owned by PMDG and the respective beta testers, and since that pool of machines was so small, the bug that you and I both are experiencing did not appear until after RTM.

If true, they should probably consider expanding their pool of beta testers.

spacer.png

Huh? Unless the group of beta testers were all flying in real time. Until now I have not read a single posting from anyone(I have not read all the postings but so far only) that they have not had any problem with time compressions above 4X. Maybe this was not high on their agendas as they were just trying to match the realism of the sim and not look into the FS X additional items as the real planes do not have the ability for time compression either.

Regards,
Ronald

I was told they are planning to release a fix for this issue this afternoon. Just remember that SP1 was created and tested on a select group of machines owned by PMDG and the respective beta testers, and since that pool of machines was so small, the bug that you and I both are experiencing did not appear until after RTM. They were only aware of it AFTER release, since no one in the beta group experienced it before release.  That gives you an idea of how much computers differ from each other. Believe me, you are not the only one with a sidelined Triple 7 right now. It has been experienced by many, many people.

Are you sure this isn't the tower view issue?

If you cycle through your views and go through tower view when there isn't a tower nearby it can cause this.

Just cycle through your VC views with 'A' and the screens should be back to normal.

For what it's worth, several members of the Beta team use accel.

Kyle Rodgers