Sign in to follow this  
Cfoley

Fatal error after loading

Jim,

I was not very clear when I was referring to the "size", I mean't the computer itself will not fit in the location of my very small computer table.  The liquid cooled unil computer is larger in size and will not fit where my current computer is located.

Cray

You do not need liquid cooling to overclock.  The cooler I recommended fits right over the CPU in the case. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I went ahead and ordered a new HP computer with the following specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64
4th Generation Intel® Core i7-4771 processor quad-core [3.5GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
4GB Nvidia GeForce GT640 [DVI, DP, HDMI, VGA via adapter]

Just for the heck of it, I tried another flight today from KSLC to PHNL.  It was going fine until I was over the San Francisco bay area at 32,000 and the frames were extremely poor until I left the California coast over the pacific.  When I touched down and was taxing PHNL, I changed a view and the computer froze up.  Right then I knew a fatal error was going to pop up, and sure enough it did.  PHNL was an add on airport.  I hope the new computer will stop the fatal errors and reduce the extremely poor frame rates.

f you have FSUIPC installed, check the fsuipc.log the next time you see a fatal error or your sim slowing down. It will tell you whether you were near to having an OOM or not.

When I had the latest fatal error, it reboots FSX.  Am I still able to check FSUIPC for the OOM? After the FSX reboot,  I looked into FSUIPC and the one menu bar is "Logging", but when I open that up, there is nothing about OOM.  I also checked my files in my computer and I unable locate anything with "FSUIPC.LOG".  Is there a location where that would be?  I did check my FSX files, but no success in finding it.

Cray Foley

When I had the latest fatal error, it reboots FSX. Am I still able to check FSUIPC for the OOM?

No. It will start a new log. If you see the message where FSX will restart, there should be a Cancel button. Click on that and the restart will be cancelled. I also have gone to the FSX/Modules folder and right clicked on the FSUIPC.log and then send it to the desktop (create a shortcut). That way I can look at it. You can also save it to fit your flight and I have saved some as Save As KIAD_KORD_7_7-2014. This shows the date of the flight and what I was doing for later investigations.

I hope the new computer will stop the fatal errors and poor frame rates.

It's an i7 Haswell CPU so it should run FSX much better. Just don't raise the settings too high and keep them around the default until you see it stabilize. Again, I would use the AVSIM FSX Config Guide as a start for your FSX settings and the NVidia Inspector settings.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

I received my new computer and have spent several days transferring over my programs.  I used "Zinstall" to do the transferring.  The transfers went fine (except my photo files did not transfer over to my new computer for some reason) and most of my FSX and add ons transferred over too.   I had to reinstall a few things like FSpassengers and UT2, etc. All my FSX scenery settings were still set where I had left them on my old computer, and they are set low.    But when I use FSPassengers, the fatal is still crops up as before like it had on my old HP Pavilion.  The fatal error starts almost immediately when I load it up with PMDG 747.  I still need to do more test flights, but right now I think FSpassengers is part of the problem, and unfortunately,  I love using FSPassengers.  So I need to find out why it is causing fatal errors, especially on a new computer that has more memory and speed.

Cray Foley

Jim,

Since my last post,  I did some more research on various forums regarding my fatal error problem.   I noticed on some that uiautomationcoredll could be the problem, the fix, or nothing at all.   I went ahead and checked my FSX file and I had TWO uiautomationcoredll files placed there which I installed on July 7, 2013.  One was 6.05840.16386 and 6.0.6001.18000.  I deleted the 18000 file and rebooted my computer.   I started up FSX with PMDG 747-8 and loaded FSPassengers and it did not do a fatal error this time.  I was able to get as far as taxing until a 737 collided with me on taxi (I did not see it) and it cancelled the flight, but I was able to get as far as taxing unlike before when the fatal error occurred right when I loaded FSPassengers.  I was hoping to see how far I could get without the fatal error until the collision cancelled the flight.  My frame rates are much better as well with the new computer.   It is strange though that I had two uiautomationcoredll files for a year but the fatal errors started around June of this year. I have no clue if this was the cause, but  I hope this fixed the problem.  I will have to do more test flights.

Cray 

Cray Foley

One was 6.05840.16386 and 6.0.6001.18000. I deleted the 18000 file and rebooted my computer.

It is 'little' things like this that drive me mad when working with freezes/crashes. That would have been impossible for anyone, but you, to detect. I use to get the StackHash crash all of the time and accidently discovered someone was installing the uiautomationcore.dll in my main fsx folder w/o my knowledge or permission. I know I didn't do it as I hate this "fix". I took it out and the crashes stopped. A couple of months later, the StackHash started up again. I checked my main FSX folder and there was the uiautomationcore.dll again. I found out that some addon developer must be installing it so I posted this in the main FSX forum and the FSDT developer admitted his addon manager was installing the dll. He thought he had removed this part of the installation from his installers but it was still there. He removed it and now I'm free of this nasty "fix" and free of crashes!!! I hope this is a permanent solution to your problems. You do not deserve the punishment you are getting with these crashes!!

The transfers went fine (except my photo files did not transfer over to my new computer for some reason)

The photoscenery folders can simply be moved to your new HDD. They do not require to be reinstalled on a new system. You just need to link them up again in the Scenery Library.

Fingers crossed your issues are fixed.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim,

Thank you of the compliment and the help.  I do hope it fixes the problem.  Time will tell when I do some flights.  I also purchased FS Global Real Weather today because FSX Real World Weather no longer functions on my computer since last spring, maybe earlier.  I did not notice before until  KJFK had the same weather and wind/direction for weeks, and KSLC had rain for several months!  I checked forums and I noticed others had the same complaint and I guess now FSX no longer supports Real World Weather.

Sincerely,

Cray

Cray Foley

I checked forums and I noticed others had the same complaint and I guess now FSX no longer supports Real World Weather.

Hi Cray,

As with all FSX weather programs, it requires a properly functioning simconnect and your firewall could be blocking certain programs from gaining access to the weather servers to download the latest. So I would investigate that area. Most programs, like ASN and OPUS, automatically set that up for you and FS Real World Weather may too but it should be investigated. Make sure you main FSX folder and the FS Real World Weather folders are shared by all users. If they are not shared, then they cannot communicate properly. Just right click the FSX folder and select properties and then click on the Share Tab. Make sure it says the folder is shared. Other than that, I have no other suggestions.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim,

Are your referring to my "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" folder?  Also, within that folder there is a "Weather" folder.  Are these the two I should set to be shared?    I could not locate any FS Real Weather" folder.

Cray

Cray Foley

Jim,

Are your referring to my "Microsoft Flight Simulator X" folder?  Also, within that folder there is a "Weather" folder.  Are these the two I should set to be shared?    I could not locate any FS Real Weather" folder.

Cray

Yes, the main Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder (the one where fsx.exe is located). If it is shared, then it should cause all of the sub-folders, including the weather folders to be shared. I do not know where FS Real Weather would be installed. Like ASN, it is probably in a separate folder.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

JIm,

I did enable "sharing" for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Weather, rebooted my computer but Real Weather in FSX is still stuck on past weather for the last 5 months.

Cray

Cray Foley

JIm,

I did enable "sharing" for Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Weather, rebooted my computer but Real Weather in FSX is still stuck on past weather for the last 5 months.

Cray

You probably should post a question about that in the main FSX forum but I did find the following on Microsoft - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841214 . It shows info about FS2000 and FS2004 but it should apply to FSX too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

JIm,

Thanks for the information.  So far I have not been able to fix FSX weather.  The fatal error also returned when I use FSPassengers.  I feel like I am back where I started.

I checked my FSX file and the uiautomationcordll 6.05840.16386 was replaced with 6.0.6001.18000.  I wonder if installing the FS Global Real Weather did this?   Yesterday I, as I mentioned, there were two in my FSX file and I deleted the 18000 file and left the 16386 file in FSX and I did not get a fatal error.   This was before I installed the FS Global Real Weather.   I went ahead and replaced the 18000 file with the 16386 file again and rebooted my computer, but it did not work this time and the fatal error is back when I bring up FSPassengers.  Not only that,  I also try it without FSPassengers and the fatal error still shows up with the PMDG 747, but only maybe after a few minutes, not right away.  I will put back the 18000 file and replace the 16386 and see if that makes any difference.  If the fatal error occurs,  I will do the "Cancel" on the fatal and check FSUPIC  log like you suggested before in these posts. 

Cray

Cray Foley

I checked my FSX file and the uiautomationcordll 6.05840.16386 was replaced with 6.0.6001.18000.

No program should be installing this in your main FSX folder as it is not an official fix. So, when you copied files over from your backup, it must have been there. Some like the 18000 version as it was the Microsoft.net that was released before Vista. The 16386 version was after Vista was released. (I think that's how it goes). I know PMDG recommends the 18000 version in their PMDG manuals. I recommend the 16386 version as many have found that to work the best. NickN also recommends the 18000 version but what does he know.... :P

If you are getting FS Passengers crashes, there's not much I can do for you.  The program is old and unsupported even by the developer.  Too bad the developer did not continue support and upgrades to make it better.  I might even have purchased it!  If it uses simconnect (and I'm almost certain it does), then this is the area you should be researching.  Simconnect is used by Microsoft for apps to communicate with FSX.  We talked about sharing earlier.  If FSX and FS Passengers is not shared with everyone on your computer, then the program may deny some users/Administrators access, crash and burn.  You really need to run AppCrashView and see what the faulting module is. If FS Passengers is disabled and you are still have crashes, then it is most likely another app(lication).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim,.

Thank you for your patience with me.  I seem to be going in full circles with my trouble shooting.  Here is the latest:

I reinstalled uiautomationcordll 6.0.6001.18000, rebooted,  and tried the PMDG 747-8 at the KSFO FSX default airport (where I have been doing all my trouble shooting tests).  This time it actually did not do the fatal error when I loaded it up with FSPassengers.  I was able to taxi (Frame rates were pretty poor, though, and despite my new computer)  but I was able to take off and fly for about 15 minutes before I quit.  I exited FSX, and wanted to do another test run with the exact same plane and airport.  But when I loaded FSPassengers on the second test,  the fatal error came right up.  Very strange.   The only thing is when I did the second test,  I did not reboot my computer.  Maybe it is OOM.  But I have been unable to find out what it is in FSUIPC.   Right after the crash,  I clicked the "cancel" on the fatal error, but FSX exited anyway and there was nothing in the FSUIPC "Logging" icon, so I could not see what was the cause.  I have used the Windows Event Viewer before but when I posted that in the past in AVSIM,  people said they could not tell much what was the cause except it was possibly a Dll file.   

FSPassengers does bring more enjoyment to FSX Flight simuluation adds more realism to a flight.  I especially like where you can assign a flight number that the FSX airport towers, control centers will use, taxi music, stewardess announcements, etc.   I guess I will have to do without it if I cannot get this fatal error resolved.  I still really don't know yet if the fatal error will go away even if I don't use FSPassengers because on some tests I still get a fatal error with PMDG. 

I have enabled the "Share" option with "Simconnect",  "Weather" and "Microsoft Flight Simulator X",  and cleaned out my cache temporary internet files, but no change with the weather yet.  I have been checking the weather with KJFK and KSLC.  I wrote done the weather info for both airports and will check each day to see if it changes at all.   Even if I don't get the FSX Real World Weather working,  I do now have FS Global Real Weather.  Have not had the opportunity to try it yet do to the Fatal error trouble shooting.

Sincerely,

Cray

Cray Foley