Sign in to follow this  
anthony99

Oom

G'day Gents! 

First, thank you PMDG for SP1/300ER! The 300ER is an amazing aircraft! Since I've purchased the 300ER I've been experiencing OOM when landing or approaching the RWY. Yesterday I was flying from CAIRNS-BRISBANE and on approach to RWY1 in Brisbane I can hear this Window's error sound. Then FSX ran OOM. This has been happening every flight. With the 200LR I never experienced OOM.  

Computer Specs:

Intel Core i7 2600K/3.40GHz/8MB CACHE/LGA1155

Asus P8Z68 V-Pro Z68 4DDR3 D+V14PH 2600OC RAID GBLAN 2PCIE16 2FW SA3 ATX HDMI

Corsair vengeance dual channel DDR3 16GB kit

ASUS Matrix Platinum GTX580 1536MB 816MHz DDR5 2DVI FAN PCIE

Seagate BARRACUDA 1TB 7200RPM SATAIII 6GB/S 3.5" 32MB

Samsung INTERNAL DRIVE, 22x DVDW BULK SATA

ANTEC True Power 750W ATX power supply, 120mm fan, dual PCI-E Graphics Connector, 4 SATA Connectors

WIndows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OEM package

ANTEC nine hundred two tower gaming case with side window black

OCZ 120G solid 3 Sata3 SSD 500Mb

Scenery:

ORBX FTX Australia

ORBX YBBN 

ORBX YMML

ORBX YSCB 

ORBX YBCS 

ORBX YBAS

GSX

REX 2 

ASN 

ORBX TRAFFIC

Aerosoft EHAM

Aerosoft EDDF 

Aerosoft EGLL

Aircrafts:

PMDG 777-200/300ER

PMDG 747X

PMDG 737NGX

Aerosoft Airbus X extended

I have deleted my FSX.CFG. I now have the standard CFG except the only tweak I've added is HIGHMEMFIX=1 

In the scenery library I only select the airports I'm flying to. Yesterday when FSX ran OOM I got this error: 

VPILOT 

Unhanded exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempts to continue. If you click quit the application will close immediately.

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

I don't use the taxi cam

Thank you 

ORBX YBBN is known to be exceptionally high on fps try the YBBN from OZX

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/8914/fsx-brisbane-international-airport-ybbn-scenery/

The. Try the flight and let me know.

Also use scenery config editor and only turn on the scenery areas you are fling from to. Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Thank you for your reply. I'll use the YBBN from OZX and let you know if anything happens. I'll also use scenery config editor. Thanks

G'day

I did a Google search about 0xC000014B error. Which has something to do with Micrsoft.net framework. Then I downloaded Micrsoft.net framework Verification Tool. I did a flight to YSSY-YBBN. When I was at the bay FSX crashed. This is the error I got. 

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x7554cb49
Faulting process id: 0x98
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa7cbb511fabf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 4bfc3c69-13cd-11e4-ab9e-14dae91b966a

My FSX was fine but, ever since I used the 300ER it keeps running OOM. 

Thanks

Related to your issue and/or the SP1 (or maybe not related at all  :P), I got an error on ASN startup, having just installed PMDG T7 SP1.

Search on the Hifitech forums brought up an indication of a Microsoft.net framework corruption. (Similar to your hint above.)

I cleaned my system from the .net framework stuff and reinstalled it (as per Microsoft support instructions), and my issue has been resolved.

Reinstalling .net framework may or may not be a contribution to solving your issue, Anthony; just throwing in what I am able to offer.

Thank you for your reply Oliver :)

I don't get ASN start up error. I'll do a reinstall of .net framework as you said. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Use the cleanup tool from official Microsoft support for removing .net framework stuff.

And let Windows Update check for .net framework three times to make sure, you have all the security patches installed:

• First run is reinstall of .net framework
  • Second run brings all the security patches
  • Third run brings up nothing more, just to confirm you haven't missed anything ...

The 0xc000014B is a "broken pipe" exception. A pipe is a communication channel between two applications (such as FSX and an addon program like ASN or OPUS). SimConnect offers addons the possibility to use pipes to communication with FSX. A "broken pipe" is a situation where one of the pipes no longer exists, while the other tries to communicate using the pipe. A typical scenario would be fsx crashing and then ASN or OPUS tried to use the pipe (communications channel) and the “pipe” was broken. The 014B exception would then occur. Most likely a problem with your installation of SimConnect.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

G'day

I did a Google search about 0xC000014B error. Which has something to do with Micrsoft.net framework. Then I downloaded Micrsoft.net framework Verification Tool. I did a flight to YSSY-YBBN. When I was at the bay FSX crashed. This is the error I got.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x7554cb49

Faulting process id: 0x98

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa7cbb511fabf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 4bfc3c69-13cd-11e4-ab9e-14dae91b966a

My FSX was fine but, ever since I used the 300ER it keeps running OOM.

Thanks

It is not recommended to install FSX into a system protected directory such as "program files". Install in the root of "C" drive or another separate hard drive. Your performance should increase as well.

The  0xc000014B  error in case of vPilot is rather a symptom than a cause. It just tells you that the vPilot is unexpectedly unable to communicate with FSX/P3D as your main sim application crashed. This exception of course could be handled better by vPilot by producing a popup or whatever, not submitting a big red crash report. But it is very highly unlikely that you have problems with your NET software package unless it's the  0xc000014B error occurring on its own - without sim's OOM or other error.

For the OOM and VAS management please refer to pages 30-35 of your introduction manual.