Sign in to follow this  
rcpistonhead

Switching To Asn Wx Engine From Rex

Hello -

So, I am currently using REX Essential Plus for textures and weather engine but I want to switch to Active Sky Next weather engine. My question is what problems (if any) will I encounter running ASN for the weather engine while still using REX E+ for textures? How would I disable the REX wx engine and only allow REX to inject textures? I have been considering this switch for awhile now but since the launch of the 777-300 from PMDG I want to take advantage of the new wx radar feature.

Any help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

Install Rex Textures. Done. You have the textures, no need to run REX anymore unless you want different textures to install. Then run ASN when you try it/ Buy it.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Install Rex Textures. Done. You have the textures, no need to run REX anymore unless you want different textures to install. Then run ASN when you try it/ Buy it.

Wow, that sounds incredibly simple. I did not expect that (there I go over thinking again) lol. I think I will give it a go! Thanks!

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

I just did the same thing using ASN over OpusFSX and I have experienced the difference for sure on a flight and seeing the difference in cloud rendering. I'm very pleased.