Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

My Content And Topics Following Not Available

I have only 3 posts on the "Content | Follow" page and there remains only 2 pages of "My Content" where I used to have dozens of pages listed.  I marked a thread to follow while I was away and the thread is no longer available which is a real shame.

Will the forums be reset and the information made available after the PMDG 777 SP1 threads slow down or is the information gone for good?

\Robert Hamlich/

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "Letters to the Editorial Staff of AVSIM" to "Help Using the AVSIM Forums". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Robert, can you provide more information? What topic? Can you provide a screen shot?

Hi Tom,

I can't remember the title of the thread that I was looking for.  As for my content, I used to have about 12 pages of threads that I had participated in and now it's down to 2 pages.  I can't remember how many posts I was following but it is sure more than the 3 or 4 that are on that page.

**EDIT**  I can see now that the content search is limited to 28-April-14, so that explains that part but I wonder what happened to the content that I am following?

My_Content_zpscc87e309.png

Content_Follow_zps0d795195.png

\Robert Hamlich/

Mine too - last time I looked, having been posting here for over ten years, I had several pages of topic headings displayed in My Content (when I log in and go to my posts) with hundreds of posts listed. Now it says it is only showing topics posted since May 14 2014 and there are only seven. How do I get back to how it was before, and be able to see all the topics I have started or contributed to? That was very useful..

Thanks

(Bumping)

When I go to 'My Content' why does it now say (this is new):

There have been 9 items by martinlest2 (Search limited from 20-May 14)

... is this a fault or a new 'feature'? If there is a way to extend the search beyond the apparent 3 month limit, I can't find it.

It's not an improvement, whatever - I used to find it really useful to locate my posts over the past ten years or more this way. Now I can't...

Thanks.

This is the help with the forums section.. anyone at AVSIM gonna help then?

Thanks,

M. :-)

This is the help with the forums section.. anyone at AVSIM gonna help then?

Thanks,

We have limited the period shown in your content because we are trying to keep system loads from getting out of hand. Having a search history that goes back to the beginning of time just adds more load on the system and for 99.9 percent of users, is a waste of system resources. How's that for help?

Well Tom, the answer's good, but the action is dubious (IMHO). I am sure I am not the only one (obviously not, as I am not the O/P: where does the "99.9% of users" finding this a waste of resources come from? I doubt 99.9% of users are even aware of the system resources needed to run whatever page of AVSIM they select) who found being able to find all my previous posts, so as to keep up to date, useful - I had even bookmarked the page on my bookmark toolbar. I do subscribe to most of my posts, but even so...

So, as a long-standing member can I just register my 'no vote' to what you have done. Isn't there another way to save on 'system loads'??

Thanks for the reply..

Martin

We have had two people, you and Robert, ask about this in the over two months that we have had this new limitation in place. I think that speaks for itself. Anything we do to "limit system load" gives rise to someone finding fault with what we have done.

OK, forget I spoke then!! Far be it from me to find fault with anything you do at AVSIM! I have posted enough praise in  the past 11 years that I might be allowed a small, disappointed comment, I'd have thought!

Martin

OK, forget I spoke then!! Far be it from me to find fault with anything you do at AVSIM! I have posted enough praise in  the past 11 years that I might be allowed a small, disappointed comment, I'd have thought!

Martin

Whoa.. Hang on Martin. I am not telling you that you are not entitled to comment, criticize, or castigate us. I am saying that we make changes to improve the performance for all, and anytime we do make a change, someone is disappointed or disturbed by it. Two people have commented on this change. What conclusion should I draw?

Yes, well, I wasn't 'finding fault' (that sounded so negative) so much as registering my disappointment that this useful feature has gone - not an improvement to AVSIM for sure. Did it really use up so much of AVSIM's resources? Having contributed to the new server after the last hack and crash, I thought we'd be good for years - but of course I am not sitting where you are so am probably being too optimistic.

Maybe no one else has bothered to 'protest' - and maybe the two of us who have really are the only ones who found the listing really useful. Well, I am sorry you've limited it, but if no else is bothered, then of course that particular feature has gone for good I guess. Pity - but I'll doubtless survive!

Wonderful!!!! Thanks a lot Tom!!!

I am sure plenty of folks must use this feature, even if they haven't come forward to say so...

M. :P