Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Change Fl In Fmc Problems

Hi,

In the NGX changing altitude on LEGS Page is rather easy but not in the T7. It was the same before SP1 so i dont understand why i cant change a specific waypoint from FL340 to for instance FL350 ?

I thought it has something to do with my MAX FL but it says 351.

Also Step To (FL360) does not work as in the NGX so what should i do ?

Change the CRZ ALT on page 2/3 in the CRZ Page ? This is not very proactive (forth planning)

Michael

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It was said by the devs, that unlike the NGX you have to enter both SPEED/ALTITUDE at once. The 737 FMC is in some points more advanced than the one of the 777.

Don't know how to preselect a step climb. I always wait till the FMC tells me to do one. I then dial the new FL into the MCP and push the rotary knob.

In the NGX changing altitude on LEGS Page is rather easy but not in the T7. It was the same before SP1 so i dont understand why i cant change a specific waypoint from FL340 to for instance FL350 ?

There's a reason there's a note in the intro manual reminding people that the 777 is not the NG...  :wink:

Note that on the 777 you enter a STEP SIZE on the PERF INIT page.  On the 737, you don't - you have to tell it the next altitude to step to on the VNAV CRZ page.  The 777 handles this automatically, unless you enter a step size of zero.

You can't change a specific waypoint from FL340 to FL350 for a couple reasons:

1. A step size of RVSM (default) will expect 2000 or 4000 foot increments - this is how cruise levels work for the majority of the world.
  2. If you're going to force a step, you follow it up with S.  So, to force a step climb from FL340 to FL360, you would enter FL360S at whatever waypoint you wanted to step.

Sounds like you haven't completed the tutorial.  You should.

There's a reason there's a note in the intro manual reminding people that the 777 is not the NG...  :wink:

Note that on the 777 you enter a STEP SIZE on the PERF INIT page.  On the 737, you don't - you have to tell it the next altitude to step to on the VNAV CRZ page.  The 777 handles this automatically, unless you enter a step size of zero.

You can't change a specific waypoint from FL340 to FL350 for a couple reasons:

1. A step size of RVSM (default) will expect 2000 or 4000 foot increments - this is how cruise levels work for the majority of the world.
  2. If you're going to force a step, you follow it up with S.  So, to force a step climb from FL340 to FL360, you would enter FL360S at whatever waypoint you wanted to step.

Sounds like you haven't completed the tutorial.  You should.

Thanks Kyle and yes i must admit, allthough i did look into the tutorial 3 times i did not see it. My mistake ....again. God i am glad i am just an amatuer FSX pilot.  

Thank you so much again.  ^_^

btw. which pages did i miss in the tutorial ? (THe CTRL+F and Step climbs did not help)

Michael

Michael