Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

How Do You Begin After A Long Break From Flying?

It's been awhile since I've actually flown, mostly I've been trying to restabalize fsx after my computer had a slight meltdown, and was wondering what you guys did when you had a rather long break from flying? Do you do short hops, or mess around a bit, or do you just jump right in as if there wasn't a break and learn to remember the details along the way?

i tend to have long breaks, I tend to get back to flying by first tweaking things in fsx, starting up fs at random previous recorder flights (using fsrecorder) watching the scenery and slowly get back into it full swing. Like I am currently.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

There is a program called fs approach. You can hit the random button and fly approaches all day or do a circuit and hit the button again .

ZORAN

I like to create a simulation of a real flight I have recently made...

It gets me back in to things and I can more readily compare the airports I have recently seen for real and

get a prospective for differences between the current airports and the simulated ones.

Like in real life. Do some touch & go's around the pattern, some stalls some IFR training etc. Just like a proficiency flight. If I haven't flown a certain type for a while I do the same.

If I take a long break from FS, I want to fly something that is going to put a big grin on my face....preferably a warbird like a P-40, P-51, Spitfire, FW-190D...etc.  Crank up that big beautiful sounding V-12, then fly.....low, fast, high, aerobatics.  Just like the poem High Flight, dancing around the skies in a Spitfire....nothing quite like it.

After the warbird fix is satisfied then I get back into the more mundane GAs, practice IAPs, aircraft ownership...etc.

Cheers

TJ

I jump right into my favorite airliner and wing it. I almost always make it to my destination in one piece. I tend to take long breaks from fsx for some reason but I always come back for more.