Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Cockpit Sound - NEWBIE Question Please

Hello,

Newbie question please:

I have gone back to FS9 to get a lot of FPS when I use my new PILOT2ATC ( I have XP10 and FSX also). I noticed that when I switch to the P2ATC window to say tune the tower for takeoff, I loose my cockpit sounds. (engine, etc)

When I switch the window back to the sim, the sound returns. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Sagel

NEAR KCHS

Unfortunately, that is a characteristic of FSX, and I presume FS9, that when the app loses focus, you lose sound.  There is a checkbox in settings that looks like you could uncheck (it says something like "Mute Sound when lose focus", but when I uncheck it in FSX, I still lose sound, so either it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong too.

X-Plane does not do this.  Keep getting sound without problem.

Anybody else know the FSX trick to keep sound alive when you switch focus?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

I bought the F1 Soundstream and now use it. In FSX it works for me - the sound stays on no matter what I display.

Thanks and Cheers,

Ron Sagel