Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

System Unification.

Guest RGH

Hi all.As a new member I dont know if you have coverd this issue.I have been reading about a Gent called Michael Greenblatt,and it seems like he as come up with the answer to most off Flight Simulators Problems.The Question is,shoud I spend $60.00 of my pension on his cure.Look forward to your replys.Rex

Rex - Welcome to the forum. Many folks feel this service to be useful. Other are not so sure. Do a forum search on Michael Greenblatt and you'll get a number of past posts to digest. As you'll see, it's been a very controversial subject. Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

True. Just fire away your questions, there are good chances that someone here will help you!

Guest OwenH FSD

Personally, I think Michael has a lot to offer our community, as I am a new client of his. If you are open minded, I really think his techniques can make MS FS that much more enjoyable. Whether you find it is worth the $$, that is something you can only decide for yourself.Regards,Owen

I think you can get your service and then decide whether it was worth it and either pay or not.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest danowat

Whilst I have no doubt that the service offered by FS-GS does help some people, you need to be aware that the procedures performed would have already been performed by someone with even a medium knowledge of PC's.There is nothing new or special in what he does, but obviously some people feel more comfortable being eased through the process personally by someone.Search on the forum for FS-GS or Michael Greenblatt and you will find a plethora of information, this subject has been beaten out of shape, many, many times.In fact, that reminds me, Mr Greenblatt was going to have his process reviewed by AVSIM, wonder what happened to that?.Dan.

Worth every nickel--even if multiplied by a factor of 3 to 6. A fabulous service (and I believe in paying for service--life's too short to experiment with certain things and tweaking your PC system heavily for FS is one such example). Mr. Greenblatt spent 5+ hours on the internet phone with me last May and we went through my entire system, FS, add-ons, the works. It was terribly laborious in places, but the $60 or $70 fee was worth it just to be on the phone for 5 hours and learn about stuff.It made a HUGE difference to my mid-end P4, 2.53Ghz machine. It worked 101% for me. It also eliminated "micro stutters."I might do it again for my new hi-end PC.JS

Guest av84fun

I have never used Mr. Greenblatt's services which is specifically why I cannot and WOULD not offer an opinion about the value of what he does.Others, many of whom have ALSO NOT USED his services who might suggest to you that they are worthless or could be gotten by a simple search of this or any other forum's archives are offering utterly ridiculous advice.On the contrary, there is a post in this and NUMEROUS other threads from people who HAVE used the service and who have raved about the results.Mr. Owen, notably, is pleased so far, and he happens to be associated with FSD which, as everyone knows, is one of THE most advanced developers of add-on aircraft.If HE can benefit, then somewhere between 80-95% of the rest of us could too IMHO.I don't mean to get on a soap box here and we are all entitled to our opinions but to demean someone's work, without ever having tried it, is really pretty foolish.Regards,Jim

Guest lamont

I also have not used his services, however, I can understand why some would. While it's true that you can probably get answers on this forum by searching, you will also get many different opinions on even the simplest procedure. If one is not very computer savvy you run the risk of really messing up your system not knowing which opinion or procedure will work for you. As a matter of fact what advice is sound and what isn't.Getting expert advice all in one place isn't such a bad idea for some.

>to our opinions but to demean someone's work, without ever>having tried it, is really pretty foolish.I actually would have a hard time recalling any demeaning posts about Mr.Greenblatt's services.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest SoarPics

"I actually would have a hard time recalling any demeaning posts about Mr.Greenblatt's services."Yep. In fact, I seem to recall the only real problems about his service coming from some of his customers telling their fellow simmers that they're crazy for not using the service. Recommendations for fellow simmers are great and needed, but attacking those who don't feel they need the service is where the problems have come in the past. What those folks seem to forget is that the sim runs just fine for some, so then the question becomes, "Will the service benefit those who are already happy with their performance in MSFS?"FS-GS offers a great sevice (as evidenced by the large number of his customers who rave about Michael's work) and certainly has a place in this hobby. But that doesn't mean everybody can or will benefit. Which, I suspect, is why Michael offers the "you don't pay unless you're happy" guarantee.Greg

Guest danowat

I HAVE used the service, which is why I can say EXACTLY what he does, and EXACTLY what he does is easily found anywhere on the net or in forums."Mr. Owen, notably, is pleased so far, and he happens to be associated with FSD which, as everyone knows, is one of THE most advanced developers of add-on aircraft.If HE can benefit, then somewhere between 80-95% of the rest of us could too IMHO."Hmm....thats a load of bull, JUST because Mr Owen and his team develop high tech plane addons in no way mean that just because he benifits 90% of us would too."I don't mean to get on a soap box here and we are all entitled to our opinions but to demean someone's work, without ever having tried it, is really pretty foolish."As I said previously, my opinion is valid, due to to fact that I HAVE used this service, and found it of little to no benifit, that said I also stand by my statement that I am sure "some" of us could benefit from it.I just think people need to be aware that this service is in no way anything new, or any kind of "black magic", it is simple system unification, and also the removal of various pieces of software, Norton users beware ;).I still think that it would be of benefit for someone at AVSIM to test out this service, and offer a unbiased opinion of it, maybe that would put an end to these posts?.Dan.

Guest hassata

I have also used the service and agree with Dan's assessment. If you have a reasonable amount of PC knowledge and regularly maintain your machine, and have also stayed on top of the major FS tweaks and their effects, you probably will gain little. On the other hand there are quite a few people who do not fall into such category, and were I one of them, I probably would not mind parting with the cash to optimize.I will say this though: He will stay on the phone with you for hours going through everything, and he will allow you the option of not paying should you feel the service not worthwhile.

Guest RGH

HiThank you all for the response you have given to my question on system unification. I have noted your comments and the advice that you have given is very useful to me.Many thanks once again.Rex