Sign in to follow this  
chrisinnewark

2D panels

Okay, so you can call me anal if you'd like but when I fly the 737 NGX I like the various 2D pop up panels to all be sized how I like and all placed where I want. In fact you could almost add it as a step on my preflight checks - just after 'set IRS to Nav' - resize and position 2D windows. I have FSX setup to run on 3 monitors and the default settings for the windows are just not right for me.

Is there any way of saving the windows so that I don't have to go through the process of resizing and positioning each and every window every time? It is after all a bit of a chew. I've tried saving the panel state on the FMC but that didn't work.

I'm the same way, I like to have certain 2D pop up panels a certain size and location. I'm pretty sure the only way to always have them in the desired locations is to edit the panel.cfg file. But I bet if you set them in the right location and then save the flight, they would, at least, be in the right locations if you start with that saved flight.

I've just been to lazy to edit the panel.cfg files so far.

Dave

Dave Paige

Get started on the panel.cfg edits... the sooner you do it, the more time you will have enjoying your flights ^_^

Bert