Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

Green belt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Someone on the ORBX official message boards also posted a change to terrain.cfg that narrows the width of the power line "green belts", so that they don't look so out of place in developed areas.  I'll see if I can find it, because it wasn't posted recently. If you open terrain.cfg with an editor, you can find two utility lines entries. The width of the grassy strip is set here:

StripWidthMeters=17

That's roughly 56 feet wide, so that looks out of place in a city. You seem to also have "green belts" without power lines so that may just be a bug for that one location. Is it common for you? I've never seen it at all with Vector 1.15.

I never noticed it until I installed 2.3 full and reinstalled Global and Vector. I just disabled power lines and that seems to have removed the problem. I just don't recall doing that before.

Vic

Vector 1.20 is just about ready to rock, according to John V. He posted that it will be out within a week or two.

Hope they make the change in the new version. I made the change in the terrain.cfg file an it does the trick.

Thanx!