Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

Anyone else having "issues" with the new La Palma scenery?

Guest danowat

Hi All,I have just downloaded this new La Palma scenery by CanarySim that is in the new files for today.I have installed it, but the "configurator" program hangs my system up for some reason.I have manually installed the scenery into FS, and it looks absoloutly amazing, real top quality stuff, except I have a large watery bar on approach.So my questions are two-fold.1) Does the "configurator" program hang anyone elses PC2) Does anyone else have this watery bar?, it could be to do with the fact that I have the Simwings scenery, and there is a tick box to select in the "configuratoe" for Simwings compatibilty, but as I said above, it hangs my system ;)CheersDan.

Guest Tim

HiYep I had a problem with the configurator too - I clicked to add the scenery to the library and the MSDOS box came up and it just hung... and then when I tried to close it, it said there was a problem. It then came up saying UPDATED... even though it hadn't. So I had to add the scenery manually too!And nope don't have any problem like you're describing with regards to the scenery itself...

Guest danowat

Ahh, ok, so its not only me with the configurator problem then!!, I hazard a guess that my "bar" near the end of the rwy is to do with the compatibility with Simwings, and the fact that I cant click that tick box to allow compatability.Dan.

Hey, Dan,what is a 'large watery bar'?I used to sit in one in a swimming pool in the Manila Hotel sipping Rum and Somethings all day, but I don't think that's what you mean.Like you guys, I did a manual install here. But for my own preference, not because of any known fault of these developers. I just DON'T LIKE INSTALLERS, period.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Jani Salo

hiThe scenery config editor hangs on my Windows XP aswell. I had to shut it down manually. Then I added the scenery manually from FS2004 and it worked fine.There were some ground bleeding textures on the airport area though :( otherwise awesome scenery !Jani

Guest Tim

HiYes thats a point there are some ground bleeding textures past the runway 19 threshold - but apart from that it is excellent scenery yes! :-)

Guest UlfB

Hi Dan,Yes there is a problem with the configurator and I got an error message after clicking the update button. Luis Oswaldo Bethencourt, team member of CanarySim, is working on an upgrade of the configurator program.The scenery works allright for me and its amazingly well done. Payware class all the way (installer and configurator not included) :D I don't have your problem with a large watery bar. Could you post a picture?Luis gave me the following advice how to manually activate the scenery in FS9. First put the scenery 'Gcla - vtp & lmw' way down in the fs9 scenery list after the 'Addon scenery' entry. Then put the airport scenery 'Gcla - aeropuerto' somewhere at the top of the list of entries.Some more info from Luis: The following files are replaced in the folder 'Flight Simulator 9SceneryAfriscenery': FL943210.bgl HL943210.bgl HP943210.bglIn the folder 'Flight Simulator 9CanarySimDataBackup' you may find backups of the original FS9 files named FL943210.bak HL943210.bak HP943210.bakThe other files with extension .ori are the ones copied to Afriscenery folder.I hope that Luis and the guys at CanarySim get the bugs out of the configurator - The scenery is fantastic :-) And I also hope that you get your installation working, Dan!Ulf Bjarke

Guest projca

HelloI'm the scenerydesigner of La Palma 2005. First one, we are working on a two new hotfix that it's incomming to the AVSIM library. Later, the programmer will connect to this topic to solve any question related with the "configurator" program. Ok, I have investigated the blinking texture at the end of the rwy19 and 01 and other zones. So, you have change this number:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=60.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19 ---->> set this number to 21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=2TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=0TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=0.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=0.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=0You can find the file in C:/Documment and settings/Your name session/Application Data/Microsoft/FS9/fs9.cfg. I hope you can solve this problem.I mention that this is a freeware project, but we will sopport any problem relationated with the scenery. And we are thinking to release a month later, a new version of La Palma 2005 that it will include all fixs and some improvements in the scenery perfomance and other things.Last one, I will stay here for any question. Of course I give my appreciation for all user that are helping to fix these problemsPabloCanarySim Scenery Designer

Guest GCBarni

I also loaded this scenery without the installer.....I like to be in control of what goes where so the "configurator" is a non-issue. However, I notice some texture bleeding, which the developer says can be corrected with alterations to the Texture parameters in the *.cfg file. But I suspect they are elevation conflicts because I also saw your "bar of water"....at least I think we're seeing the same thing, although I would describe it as a 'hill'....great for water skiing!!

Guest projca

Hello again!Please, try to do the steps published above for try to fix the water problems localized at rwy 01/19.ThanksPabloCanarySim Scenery Designer

Guest projca

WOW!:-hmmm I never get something seemed in the development of this scenery!! Ok, Then, I understand you have the simwings scenery? If it is true, please verify your FL943210.bgl is off. It's localized at the FS9/Scenery/AFRI/SceneryFor deactivate rename the extension .bgl to .off or put tis file in another directory.Also, if you have done the configuration manually, you have to know that it's important that "LA PALMA 2005 - ORTOSCENERY v3.0" layer, will be above the "Additionnal Scenery" Layer"1) Does the "configurator" program hang anyone elses PC"Yes at the moment we have been noticed that some users with a lot of scenery areas the config program hangs the computer. This will be fix in an incoming hotfix.PabloCanarysim Scenery Designer

Guest CANARYSIM  Luis

Ufff... hello everyone out there...I'm Luis and I'm the current scenery configurator developer.I'm so so so sorry about all those problems you're having. AsPablo said I've been working yesterday and today, (day and night,,NO SLEEP) into a solution for this problem. I'm the responsibleof this problems. BUT... I've got to tell you.. I've created a newFIX.. a new version of one of the modules of the FS9CANARYSIMDATAfolder.. the update.exe. This program updates the scenery.cfg adding 2 entries.. one just below the addon scenery.. the ORTOSCENERYentry.. which matches with LA Palma 2005 svp lmw folder. Is also creates another entry, just at the bottom of the file, forthe airport. I've sent my new patch to a few guys who have askedme about solutions. The first aswer was that IT WORKED. If youjust send me your e-mail adresses I'll give you instructionsof how to solve the problem + a new update.exe file. Setting up the scenery manually is not an easy task (well, notso difficult indeed hehe) but if you don't use the configuratoryou'll find the problems of that great TSUNAMI at thesouth of the airpot. That thing happens when you use a Simwings scenery + La Palma 2005 and you don't tick the checkbox"Make click here if you have any simwings canary scenery...)To make that big mass of water out. Go to sceneryafrisceneryand rename your FL HL and HP943210.bgl files to HP HL FL943219.off.If you don't have any simwings canary islands scenery you have tocopy our *.ori bgl files found at FS9 rootCanarysimdatabackupfolder into sceneryafiscenery and rename them to bgl. no matter if you erase the default ones,, because the backup folder of canarysim contains those files into *.bak extension.Please.. all of you.. give a try to the installer. Just give meyour email adresses via email (luis.osw@gmail.com) and I'll sendyou a copy of the patched update.exeIf it works.. I'll send to avsim a HOT FIX 2 with that fileas well as a new config_uk.exe file with instructions forupdating. And again guys I'M REALLY SORRY. WAS MY MISTAKE.Although this is a freeware scenery, I'll make my job assupport... I PROMISE. You will all see LA Palma.. and our facesat the terminal! =P

Guest danowat

Ok, the changing of the files described above solved the big water bar, many thanks.edit: just noticed that when I rename the files noted above, I lose the coastlines around tenerife ;)Dan.