Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

along-track waypoint help!

Maddogz thats exactly what i'm trying to achieve lol i'll try it out tomorrow and report back!

Jack C i can add the waypoint MCT/-5 in front but struggling to do it from behind lol

I will try it all tomorrow and see what happens and post some pics!

Vernon Howells

what are you putting in the scratch pad? ...it should be the same format you used to add the 1st

Luke Pype

Yes i repeat the process but get that invalid. But sometimes it works but i get MCT01 again so its like this, MCT MCT01 MCT01

Vernon Howells

Maddogz i have been putting /5 each time lol

But i did manage to do it once more, MCT01 MCT02

Vernon Howells

Right its still being a pain in the back side! Works when it wants too lol

Jack C have you tried everything?

Vernon Howells

As long as you put it in the right spot it should work. it clearly doesn't.

Driver, I am trying to add a waypoint 5 miles down line from a current waypoint in my flight plan. goes like HE LW OPALE. I tried doing HE/5 and HE/-5. neither of them works. If I remember my beta testing account info I will log this as a bug and hope to see it get fixed.

Are you saying we should be able to type HE/5 on the scratchpad with no bearing and then line select to the appropriate location on the LEGS page? These additional fixes I have always treated as a PBD waypoint.

Yep that is what I am saying. Lets say you have a flight plan. Lets call it from KORD to KJFK with waypoints A-B-C-D for simplicity. On the legs page it would look like

1L SLK   A

2L SLK   B
3L SLK   C

4L SLK   D.

Lets say ATC issues you a clearance like "Descend to FL280, be level 40 miles from B. So you would simply input B/-40 into 2L LSK. Then execute. You would now have a waypoint 40 miles before you reach B at the 2L LSK line. Then of course you would enter 280 in the scratchpad and put it into the 2R LSK and execute. Now if you were in VNAV and had 280 set in the MCP then plane would cross 40 miles before B at FL280

Where do i find the DIR INTC key i'm following the FCOM but can't find it

Vernon Howells