Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

along-track waypoint help!

ok, it really shouldnt be this hard.. :wacko:

You made 1 user waypiont...

1) Tell me exactly how you did that

2) Tell me exaclty what you are enterying into the scratchpad to try and make another waypiont.

Whether its  a bug....or not....it can be done , quite easily useing P/D/B...whether this is how the real plane operates or not isnt the matter here, it simple making two waypionts for simulation use.

i have shown this with a picture..

Luke Pype

I am doing this so it lays 40nm out from my dest airport EGNX or East Midlands. The reason why i am doing this is for RC, so i can meet the Alt and Speed Rest at FL 110 / 250kts.

Instead of messing around with the FMC, just put your 40 mile ring around EGNX, switch from VNAV to V/S and make the restriction by manipulating the speed and vertical speed yourself.

another solution yes but i would like to stay in VNAV like what most pilots would use when on profile and descending

FENICK is my waypoint i press FENIK and insert /5 then i get FENIK01 infront of FENIK simples lol

but when i try to add FENIK02 with the same process as above i get invalid entry

Ok that way doesn't work BUT your way does. PBD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3v0wmr53bm99c2h/2014-8-24_14-20-41-873.BMP?dl=0

Vernon Howells

by the same process, do you mean inserting /5...as this will try to add 2 waypionts in the same place.

Luke Pype

The DIR INTC? Not sure what you mean but I will take a stab at what I think you are trying to ask. If you are trying to set an intercept course to a waypoint then it would be something like this. If XX is the next waypoint in your LEGS page then press 1L LSK. That will bring XX into the scratch pad. Now press the 1L LSK again and then in the lower right side at the 6R LSK you will see a 3 digit number. That is your current track you would fly to get to XX. If you want to change the track (intercept course) the type in the course you want to fly to get to XX in the scratchpad. Place that number into the 6R LSK. Then hit execute. You should now see a new magenta line on the ND representing your new intercept course to XX