Sign in to follow this  
UK_Squiff

Worst place to be a Pilot

Having been enjoying this series on TV (UK)...got me to thinking about the most dangerous approaches in FSX.

I'd like to try a few in, say a Cessna....so, do any of you guys know any really challenging ones?.... What are your favourite White Knuckle landing spots?

If you could let me know where they are, that would be most welcome

Many Thanks

http://secure.simmarket.com/pis-raw-grit-png-bushpilot-extreme-bush-trekker-bundle.phtml

If you are interested in some extreme bush flying this scenery is really awesome, it includes a lot of crazy airports in Papua New Guinea. Short bumpy runways often located in high altitudes & a lot of mountainous terrain. Of course also Aerosoft VNLK Lukla is a real classic.

For airliners I would recommend Toncontin MHTG & Paro VQPR. There are good payware scenery available for both in Simmarket, not sure about freeware alternatives. 

Lukla, is a great one, but I would recommend a Twotter for that.  Small Cessna's don't do

so good at that altitude.  I did find some good Paro freeware scenery and it's a real 

challenge in the 737.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

S68 Orofino Municipal in Idaho is a challenge (not an extreme airport) in a light GA  throw in some foul weather and it'll pucker you up. Orbx CRM  NW is mandatory  for any semblance of reality though.

RE Thomason Jr.

Worst place to be in as a pilot for me: Trying to land a F/A-18E Super Hornet with nearly zero fuel on an moving aircraft carrier in very limited visibility.

Worst place to be in as a pilot for me: Trying to land a F/A-18E Super Hornet with nearly zero fuel on an moving aircraft carrier in very limited visibility.

Now that is indeed a challenge. Pull that one off and you can land on a sixpence, virtually!

Now that is indeed a challenge. Pull that one off and you can land on a sixpence, virtually!

Did it! Though I cought the last wire...

Did it! Though I cought the last wire...

Superb.Well Done.

I have the the F/A-18E VRS Super Hornet but have never ever got it out its hangar. You now inspire me to have a go. Which carrier did you land on? I am using FSX Gold and IIRC there are some carriers in the Acceleration Pack. Were you using those?

Superb.Well Done.

I have the the F/A-18E VRS Super Hornet but have never ever got it out its hangar. You now inspire me to have a go. Which carrier did you land on? I am using FSX Gold and IIRC there are some carriers in the Acceleration Pack. Were you using those?

Well, after my HDD (with full 150Gb+ FSX installation) went down a few weeks ago I decided to make it all fresh and got me also the Gold-package (I had some fun with Dino Cattaneo´s F-35 prior to the crash, so Acc.-update for carrier ops was a no-brainer).

I use the briliant freeware USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower Version 2.0 by Javier Fernandez. You can find it in the Avsim-library, too. If you have the TAC-Pack too, you can easily configure and launch the carrier wherever you want within FSX trough the TAC-Pack. If not, use a little programm called Ai ships Creator (aicarriers2.zip) and its update aicarriers2r2.zip for placing the waorking ai carrires where I want. You can also place target ships with it and fly attacks with AGM-84D "Harpoon" and Mavericks. For any questions, drop me a note.

Steffn

Absolutely brilliant post.

After being inspired by you, I re-downloaded and activated my VRS Superbug F/A-18E. Then, I got pondering about the carriers. Now, thanks to your post here, I can go forward. Thanks.

Constantly flying big jets on AP for most of the flight except T/O and landings, gets a  bit boring after a while. This should keep me on my toes.

Constantly flying big jets on AP for most of the flight except T/O and landings, gets a bit boring after a while. This should keep me on my toes.

I know that! Before the crash I flew the NGX and 777 on a regular basis. Now I haven´t even installed them.