Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Simflyers and FPS

I installed simflyers CYYZ and was wondering why it is so bruatl on fps. I have a 3.2 P4 oc'ed to 3.8 with and X800 pro card and 1 gig of ram. You would think that my system would be on top of it all and give good fps? man this is getting frustrating. And i think I have had it with the PSS series of airbuses. They are 1.5 yrs old now and still are the hardest on my FPS. Even lds767 gets 10 fps better than those PSS's. And LDS just came out. you would thin IT would eb the hardest on my system. Come on PSS, that should have been looked into.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PSS have made it absolutely clear that they have no intention to re-visit the airbusses. I have all the PSS airbusses and they run acceptably well on my system. The culprit here are the sim flyers airports, which are absolute frame rate killers. (In contrast, to the very well optimized airports of aerosoft, sim wings, and fly tampa). The sim flyer stuff seems to be designed for computers of the 24th century.ricardo

I have a rig similar to yours. 2 things. Get one of the iFDG airbusses, get a PSS/ifdg merge. Forget the VC. The combo makes for much better frame rates than the PSS airbus and really nice flying.Next, to tame Simflyer's scenery a bit, use their configuration tool. Get rid of static aircraft, get rid of trees and fences and moving jetways and the trucks and personnel around ramps and you'll begin to see acceptable frame rates. Use FSUIPC to regulate your visibility so that when you taxi around the airport you only have 10-20 miles visibilty. I move my slider from very dense to dense when landing at one of their airports.It's one way to control the beast!Lee

It's strange how people's different systems yield different results when the computers themselves are pretty similar. Out of all the addons I have, and trust me, I have most of them, LDS and PSS planes are the smoothest and easiest on framerates, especially on the ground or on approach.Jeff

Thx guys. I decided to eliminate the simflyers. As for the PSS's. Man I am in CYSJ with crummy weather. load up the PSS and get and average of 19 fps there abouts. load up lds and PEGGED right on my locked fps setting of 26. now that s ridiculous. I have talked to quite a few ppl about their PSS bus and they too are very disappointed in performance. I have a feeling that PSS will be falling off the charts if they don't support their product better. I just find astonishing that i load lds which, in my opinion, is light yrs ahead of the pss's, and offers WAY better fps. i bet i can get a computer the best money can buy and those pss's will still run crummy.

All I can say is that LDS and PSS both have good looking models, but they are not quite as deatiled as say PMDG or CS planes, so I think that also would contirbute to them being better on the frame rates.Jeff