Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Request for Iris Pilatus PC-9/A P3D 2014 Edition Tutorial/Autopilot info

Hey,

I recently purchased this aircraft Iris Pilatus PC-9/A and I am trying to figure out if this aircraft has autopilot?  I have checked the manual, and I unable to find it.  I know this is a trainer aircraft but don't the newer aircraft like this have gps and autopilot? 

I may have purchased an aircraft which could over my knowledge level for the the time being, I am definitely confused by all the stuff in the manual.

The graphics are super smooth on my system with this bird, and looks awesome in Eyefinity resolution, but confused by its controls.

Would appreciate some help on this - especially a quick howto on the navigation side of things (course setup, altitude hold, autopilot and ils setup).

Thanks,

-s

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I am interested in this aircraft as well and have the same queries you've mentioned. What kind of FPS are you getting by the way?

Francisco

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Hey,

I recently purchased this aircraft Iris Pilatus PC-9/A and I am trying to figure out if this aircraft has autopilot?  I have checked the manual, and I unable to find it.  I know this is a trainer aircraft but don't the newer aircraft like this have gps and autopilot? 

I may have purchased an aircraft which could over my knowledge level for the the time being, I am definitely confused by all the stuff in the manual.

The graphics are super smooth on my system with this bird, and looks awesome in Eyefinity resolution, but confused by its controls.

Would appreciate some help on this - especially a quick howto on the navigation side of things (course setup, altitude hold, autopilot and ils setup).

Thanks,

-s

I've gone over the manual and it seems it doesn't have an autopilot/GPS. It uses a navigation/tacan system to navigate, pretty much reminds me of the F-16 Falcon simulation days for me. You would have to control the aircraft by hand, like it was meant to be which isn't a problem. I think I will pick this one up as it's nice to fly something different. You'll get the hang of it.

Someone chime in if I'm wrong about the non existing autopilot/GPS

Francisco

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

I am interested in this aircraft as well and have the same queries you've mentioned. What kind of FPS are you getting by the way?

Francisco

Hey Francisco - I have FPS set at Unlimited and at the same time have Vsync and triple buffering on (inside P3Dv2), - I am not seeing any major FPS drops, but it seems pretty good on my old system.

The manuals are definitely written for Pilots and advanced simmers, they look super awesome, but I am so confused when I read them. 

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I recently purchased this aircraft for P3Dv2 too and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any autopilot. Fortunately it is very easy to handle and doesn't require heavy trimming to fly straight and level. Very nice model though and performance in P3D is great. I wish Iris would release their PC-21 for P3Dv2 as well.

The PC21 does have AP but uses the default style GPS.

Ermmm, the -21 DOES work in P3Dv2

Edit: I looked at their site and with v2 there used to be two versions, one for X and one for P3D.... I don't see that info anymore.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

"Edit: I looked at their site and with v2 there used to be two versions, one for X and one for P3D.... I don't see that info anymore."

It is there ... look on their page, menu item Hanger, FS aircraft, first item in the list.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Yep was just going to reedit but I couldn't find the thread lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |