Sign in to follow this  
FLAPS15

Vsynch Issues and P3d

Well folks,

Over on the P3D forum under Vsynch issues Beau from LM rendering team has confirmed that the version before 2.3 did support some V synch hence a lot of us saw smoother flight less micro stutters.

This has now been removed as the current version did not work as well with it......one step forwards two back!

Also looks like LM are inferring that NVidia need to step up to the plate re the issues....so where does it leave us the user......with a great looking sim that will for ever micro stutter.....

I do hope some sense prevails either by LM or Nvidia to fix this.....for me it is disappointing and will keep on FSX that much longer......

Beau from LM rendering team has confirmed that the version before 2.3 did support some V synch

Hm...? I still get no tearing in P3D 2.3 so vsync still works... and I don't even have it enabled in the sim...!

No tearing also, and no micro stutters here.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I don't have tearing or stutters either (with vsync disabled in the sim) - though I am using Win 8.1 and vsync is set to adaptive in the Nvidia control panel... 

I think what Beau is saying in his post is that they tried to provide some additional vsync options (perhaps half refresh rate or adaptive) in an early beta version of v2 (i.e. before the 2.0 release), but they didn't work.  So yes, there are limitations in the vsync settings that an app can control through DX11, but I don't think he means there were options in an earlier publicly-released version of P3Dv2 that they then removed.

AKAIK there can't be any tearing because you actually can not turn off VSync as long as you have Window's "Aero" active.

P3D does not use a "true" fullscreen, it is "just" a regular window, and Aero is bound to VSync.

AKAIK there can't be any tearing because you actually can not turn off VSync as long as you have Window's "Aero" active.

P3D does not use a "true" fullscreen, it is "just" a regular window, and Aero is bound to VSync.

Yeah that came to my mind too. Tearing happens if the Aero is turned off. Aero must be on in order to have vsync working.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I use D3DOverrider to force on vSync and triple buffering. There's also the nVidia CP setting for adaptive vSync and triple buffering.

Spirit

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments and advise much appreciated.

I also use Aero which as discussed stops tearing, however micro stutters are abundant does not matter what is set. The scenery stutters every few seconds then goes smooth almost like a report or cache is loading. I have reported this others see it too, further are you all not seeing the screen stutter as you rotate.

It will be a great shame if this is not eliminated by who is anyone's guess....ironic if I go back to FSX it looks so super smooth compared but now looks a bit lifeless.

All the best

Maybe some monitoring can shed light on the dark of stuttering. With FRAPS one can do some investigation about the Frame Timing and with the LatencyMon one can check something like hard page faults etc. Maybe one can find some solutions or at least can get some more understanding what happens in the system.

Spirit