Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

Short Haul Flights for the 747

It's the Queen of the Skies, but I only have time for short haul, so I did a bit of digging and found a thread on the internet that suggests plenty of flights. Once I get the liveries downloaded, and completed my epic long distance flight, I'll be flying the 747 on a nightly basis ;) japan sounds like the place to fly jumbos from city to city ...

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/2386692/1/#1

I've distilled the thread into a list of carriers and routes, if anyone wants them.

Good topic!  

We need it too in PSX. As a matter of fact a few have been made available during the last days at the Hangar7 forum, but they're specific for PSX.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

I would be interested in this list. I don't own the 747, as nothing good is out yet, but I could use my 777 for them and it is just what I am looking for.

The thread mentions that on lots of these short or partial routes, 777s are starting to take over from the 747s.

I'll put the complete list of short haul 747 routes up on this thread later this afternoon...

If you want extremely short, there used to be  reposition flights in New York area from JFK to EWR and vice-a-versa at night.  Probably anything in the northeast would be short in the Washington to Boston region.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Japan Airlines previously (?) used purpose-built 747-400D (domestic model) aircraft to fly high capacity Japanese domestic routes, lasting as little as 30 minutes as I am told. I am unsure of the exact routes though, I am afraid. 

On my side of things (Brisbane, Australia), there is a daily domestic 747-400ER connection from Brisbane to Sydney (1 hour). It actually lands in Brisbane from Dallas earlier in the morning and completes the service (QFA8) with the connection to Sydney. 

Also, from time to time, Air New Zealand sent their 747s to Brisbane from Auckland on ANZ135 (usually a 772/77W). Unfortunately though, their last 744 was retired a few days ago. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This my compilation of all the short haul 747 flights recorded on the Airliners website. Some routes are now served by 777s. Many of these routes are legs of much larger routes, but as I've experienced flying from Australia to the UK with a short leg from Munich to Manchester, new crews can come aboard just for that leg.

Singapore Airlines - Bangkok to Chiang Mai, Christchurch to Auckland, Zurich to Manchester, Paris to Manchester, Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, Manchester to Brussels

Cathay Pacific - Manchester to Amsterdam, Hong Kong to Taipei

JAL - Tokyo to Osaka, Tokyo to Sapporo

Lufthansa - Sao Paulo to Rio de Janerio

Quantas - Auckland to Melbourne, Brisbane to Sydney

Thai Airways - Bangkok to Phuket

Fiji Airways - Sydney to Fiji

United Airways - Hong Kong to Singapore, Hong Kong to Saigon

Saudi Airlines - Riyadh to Jeddah, Riyadh to Medina, Riyadh to Abha, Abha to Jeddah

Air Pullmantur - Copenhagen to Madrid, Helsinki to Madrid

Iberia - Madrid to Tennerife

Malaysia Airlines - Penang to Kuala Lumpur, Langkwai to Kuala Lumpur

Garuda - Jakarta to Bali

Air France - Paris OrY to Ajaccio, Corsica

South African Airlines - Johanesburg to Durban

Air New Zealand - Auckland to Brisbane, Auckland to Melbourne, Auckland to Fiji, Christchurch to Auckland, Auckland to Sydney

Air China - Guangzhou to Beijing, Beijing to Shanghai

Northwest - JFK to Dulles, Washington

KLM - Bangkok to Taipei