Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okupton

Freeware Afcads for P3Dv2

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find compatible freeware AFCADS for P3D V2.3.   The ones I've found in the Avsim library have missing textures and taxiways so was wondering if anyone had any ideas?  All help appreciated!

You can use the free Airport Design Editor (ADE) to "reset all draw flags" on aprons and taxiways with most FSX AFCADS.

ADE can be downloaded from the author's website: http://www.scruffyduck.org/home/

Greetings,

You need to search the forums for "missing taxi ways." If you open up the AFCAD in ADE 1.60, freeware available here (I think), and reset the flags to TRUE, and save the changes, then the textures and taxiways reappear.

Respectfully,

Brian

Interesting. I was wondering: I use PFPX and AivlaSoft EFB and I have installed the latest AIRAC 1410. Does EFB read the ground information from the AFCAD or the AIRAC...? And does PFPX read the runway data from the AFCAD or the AIRAC? Do I need to update AFCADs whenever possible in order to being able to fly a flight that PFPX and EFB are showing me? This still is a bit of a mystery to me... I never ever updated AFCADs before.

Sorry Jeroen, I don't have any of those programs so I wouldn't know.

Personally, I try to find updated AFCADs/scenery for airports I visit, there are so many excellent freeware ones to be found.

See my Topic about Lightfix in the P3D Scenery forum .

It is about many payware airports for which you can download the files to make the rw lighting work in P3D.