Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Aerosoft Airbus (module 4.4 ) v3

I have no experience of using LAU directly with FSUIPC or even know whether it is possible, so I can't help you.

Hi Andrew, yes it is possible to use LUA co9mmands directly through FSUIPC. It helps a lot with hardware which is not supported by Linda like GoFlight. It is neccessary to make files for special commands with an editor like NOTEPAD. This files have to go to the FSX/modules folder - not in any subfolder. After this and a reboot* of FSX you can choose this commands through FSUIPC for the GoFlight modules. I add examples which I made for the PMDG NGX.

Cheers Tom

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jkkwxbmah4asvb/LUA%20Files%20PMDG%20NGX.zip?dl=0

This files will only remain for a short while on my dropbox!

*btw is there any possibillity to reboot FSUIPC when FSX is running?

Hi guys.

I have a MCP1 and use it with the LINDA version 1.13. I made some modifications to the Aerosoft 4.3 module to make it compatible with this version of LINDA and would like to share but do not know how to do it.
I do not use the new version of  LINDA because the displays do not work properly and I think I lose functionality this way.
I'm not a programmer, I have only some very basic notions of programming, but I noticed that every time the module checked for the existence of mcp2a an error occurred . What I did was remove these code references and now everything works perfectly.

Sorry for my English.

[]s

Elmerson Pitrowsky

Hi Emerson,

please explain your modification on the module 4.3 or even better give us a download link for your modified module. I myself use the MCP1 and would like to use it with the AEROSOFT A320.

Thnx a lot and Kind Regards Tom

• Like 1

Hello.

I'm having a problem using the latest builds of LINDA and the Aerosoft Airbus module (4.3v2).

I own a VRInsight MCP Combo II Airbus FCU which works great with LINDA, apart from the FPA (Flight Path Angle) function. When switching to FPA mode, the Track window works great, just like the heading mode, but the Angle mode doesn't.

On the VRInsight panel the angle value (the display where the vertical speed used to be) has a "lag" when rotating the dial. On the simulator the FCU shows every 0,1º change (i.e., FPA 2,2; 2,3; 2,4; etc.), but on the VRInsight panel the numbers don't change with the dial. Apparently only when the change is bigger than 1º (10x0,1º steps) does the VRInsight display receive an update and shows the correct value that the Aerosoft FCU is showing.

This happens both with the Airbus 1.21d and the new 1.3 (SP3) released today.

I should add that everything used to work great on the early releases of the Airbus module regarding this TRK/FPA subject on my setup.

In fact I'm surprised no one has yet noticed this... maybe because TRK/FPA mode isn't a very used mode...

Anyway, some feedback would be great.

Wonderful work with LINDA and the Aerosoft module, btw. Really useful. Thanks for the hard work!

Pedro

Hello.

I'm having a problem using the latest builds of LINDA and the Aerosoft Airbus module (4.3v2).

I own a VRInsight MCP Combo II Airbus FCU which works great with LINDA, apart from the FPA (Flight Path Angle) function. When switching to FPA mode, the Track window works great, just like the heading mode, but the Angle mode doesn't.

On the VRInsight panel the angle value (the display where the vertical speed used to be) has a "lag" when rotating the dial. On the simulator the FCU shows every 0,1º change (i.e., FPA 2,2; 2,3; 2,4; etc.), but on the VRInsight panel the numbers don't change with the dial. Apparently only when the change is bigger than 1º (10x0,1º steps) does the VRInsight display receive an update and shows the correct value that the Aerosoft FCU is showing.

This happens both with the Airbus 1.21d and the new 1.3 (SP3) released today.

I should add that everything used to work great on the early releases of the Airbus module regarding this TRK/FPA subject on my setup.

In fact I'm surprised no one has yet noticed this... maybe because TRK/FPA mode isn't a very used mode...

Anyway, some feedback would be great.

Wonderful work with LINDA and the Aerosoft module, btw. Really useful. Thanks for the hard work!

Pedro

Hi Pedro.

I can confirm that I have exactly the same behavior as you mention using the VRInsight MCP Combo II Airbus FCU. Everything else seems to work perfectly, it's just this one that's lagging.

It's not a huge deal and I certainly couldn't even think of flying without LINDA, but it would be nice to get it fixed if possible.

Regards,

Mick.

I have a MCP1 and use it with the LINDA version 1.13. I made some modifications to the Aerosoft 4.3 module to make it compatible with this version of LINDA and would like to share but do not know how to do it.

Hi Elmerson, can you post that module you have created for MCP I, i am dying to use it with the new Airbuses.

Thanks Guenseli for the initial module release!

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The error occurs when the module checks for the MCP in use. What I did was by-pass this checks. Not an elegant solution but the only one that I (as a surgeon)  know how to do.

Here is the modified file:

Remember to back-up the original one.

Put this file in:

modules/linda/aircrafts/Aerosoft Airbus/

This file is compatible with the original MCP only!

Enjoy!

( and let me know if it worked for you)

Elmerson Pitrowsky

Quick question and this may then clear my mind.

I'm sending the Autopilot master toggle to FS, it turns off the autopilot but not turn it on.

Assume this is possible, whats the line in the LUA Script I should be looking for?

Many thanks

Quick question and this may then clear my mind.

I'm sending the Autopilot master toggle to FS, it turns off the autopilot but not turn it on.

Assume this is possible, whats the line in the LUA Script I should be looking for?

Many thanks

You need to use the Aerosoft Airbus module functions to control the Autopilot. The function you require are Autopilot AP1 toggle and Autopilot AP2 toggle. There is no master autopilot function. On the Airbus only one Autopilot can be selected at a time except when established on the ILS glideslope. You can obtain a list of all available Aerosoft Airbus function by clicking on List Functions on the LINDA main page.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Scot thank you for helping direct me.

My Test Script is

-- display AP mode information
function AB_AP_INFO ()

Var = ipc.readLvar('AB_AP_AP1')

event.offset(0x66C0,'UD', 'Var')
end

I then want to read the offset through another application,does this look right?

Hi hawkt1

The second line should be:

ipc.writeUD(0x66C0, var)

You are intending to pass a value to one of the spare FSUIPC offsets. The event. command is not appropriate and the var should not be in quotation marks.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello.

Some time ago I reported a problem with the Aerosoft Airbus FPA display not updating correctly on the VRInsight FCU hardware using the latest builds of LINDA.

Today I was finally able to track down the problem and solve it. Here's the solution.

Open the file «common.lua» on (...)\Modules\linda\system. Search the file for the function «DspFPA». On my file (LINDA v2.6.7) it appears on line 3902 with this text: «function DspFPA (i)».

This is the function that updates the FPA value on the VRInsight hardware display. Line 3906 of the default file reads: «if DSP_VVS_PREV ~= strVal then». This is the wrong variable call. Replace the text with: «if DSP_HDG_PREV ~= strVal then».

Backup the original file, save the changes, reload LINDA and start the simulator. Enjoy the decimals on the flight path angle! :)

Hello.

Some time ago I reported a problem with the Aerosoft Airbus FPA display not updating correctly on the VRInsight FCU hardware using the latest builds of LINDA.

Today I was finally able to track down the problem and solve it. Here's the solution.

Open the file «common.lua» on (...)\Modules\linda\system. Search the file for the function «DspFPA». On my file (LINDA v2.6.7) it appears on line 3902 with this text: «function DspFPA (i)».

This is the function that updates the FPA value on the VRInsight hardware display. Line 3906 of the default file reads: «if DSP_VVS_PREV ~= strVal then». This is the wrong variable call. Replace the text with: «if DSP_HDG_PREV ~= strVal then».

Backup the original file, save the changes, reload LINDA and start the simulator. Enjoy the decimals on the flight path angle! :)

Thank you Wolf0. This fix will included in the next module update.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Kind of new to LINDA, in all honesty so could be doing something wrong, however;

I have set one of the buttons on my X52 Pro to AB AP1 Toggle, however, it ONLY disengages AP1, doesn't actually engage at all. Any ideas as to why it isn't working properly?

Kind of new to LINDA, in all honesty so could be doing something wrong, however;

I have set one of the buttons on my X52 Pro to AB AP1 Toggle, however, it ONLY disengages AP1, doesn't actually engage at all. Any ideas as to why it isn't working properly?

Hi Costa

Welcome to LINDA. I have check the Airbus module 'Autopilot AP1 toggle' and it is working correctly. The main thing to note is that the aircraft must be airborne for the AP buttons and functions to work. If AP1 is not working try AP2 or the Autopiloty_AP1_on and _off functions. Please don't get confused with the LVar AB_AP_AP1.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Just had to reinstall FSUIPC & LINDA again today, as LINDA stopped working entirely, no clue why. Everything seems to be working now though however, which is good.

For future reference, any ideas what could have caused this?

No

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK