Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

Street lights issue running FSX and Fixer 2.4

I'm at a loss and hope someone might help on this issue...I'm seeing black boxes around some (NOT all) of the street lights while running FSX and Fixer v2.4. I've got ORBX Global installed with Vector and road lights enabled.

I've had Steve's DX10 Fixer since release and had no issues previously. But after a FSX reinstall, I now can't get rid of some black boxes around some of the streetlights, and I'm also getting featureless grey ramps, taxiways, and runways with some payware airports (FlyTampa and Flightbeam). I can fix that problem with a FSX.cfg tweak that addresses dawn/dusk smoothing, but the black boxes remain regardless.

Given that I had NONE of this problems with an earlier install....what am I missing this time? I've followed the DX10 How-To guide and Steve's manual closely.

Thanks for taking a look and providing whatever tips you might have. 

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I've narrowed the issue down to FTX Global street lights (not the Vector lighting) - black boxes on all of them.  The frustrating thing is that I had FTX Global installed before with no DX10 issues, but I can't pin down what's different this time.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Are you sure Dx10SF is working at all?

Uninstall the libraries, reinstall - then go into the debug dialog and check that none of the shaders are greyed out.

Thanks, Steve, for the advice. I did as you suggested, and when I clicked on the Debug button, all of the choices were checked and none were greyed out.

The FTXG lights and airport apron issues persist....very puzzling. Perhaps I'll uninstall the Fixer, clear the shader cache, reinstall the Fixer, and try again. I think I've been that route already, but I really want to get your Fixer working again.

UPDATE: Reinstalling the Fixer and letting FSX rebuild the fsx.cfg file did not solve the issue. Weird.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Is the path to FSX in the Controller correct? ie have you reinstalled FSX into a different directory?

Can you confirm any feature of DX10SF that is working - for example if you load the stock 737 with and without HD shadows do you observe a difference in the VC shadows?

Of course, you're right, Steve...DX10SF isn't working, and I can't figure out why. The path to FSX is correct, and I've even tried to re-enter the path several times. Oddly, the Fixer does amend the fsx.cfg file as it should in terms of turning DX10 on and adding the AA settings.

As I said, I have had DX10SF working well before this latest re-install of FSX. I'm stumped as to why it won't work this time.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Have you done a complete uninstall? -

Uninstall the libraries from controller

Uninstall from control panel.

Then delete the directory "c:\program data\DX10 Scenery Fixer"

Then reinstall.

Just tried the reinstall and the problem persists. What could be preventing the application from working?

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Well nothing that I can think off! When you install libraries from the controller are there any error messages?

Are you beta testing any new products that weren't there before your reinstall?

Have a look at rain - does it have the curtain effect?

Steve,

did version 2.4 change the axis indicator back to black? This seemed to be a minor issue until version 2.2 or 2.3 which changed the color back to its original red color (easier to see) but after installing version 2.4, they have returned to black.

Don

Hi all!

I think my DX10 fixer doesn't work like Rudi's. Version 2.3 was fine but now I have flickering runways at some airports. Never seen before using dx10. I did the updade so how it's described in the newsmail and in Manual. I will try 2.3 to reinstall after uninstalling 2.4. Expect result tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve,

did version 2.4 change the axis indicator back to black? This seemed to be a minor issue until version 2.2 or 2.3 which changed the color back to its original red color (easier to see) but after installing version 2.4, they have returned to black.

Don

I created a new thread for you

does the new version fixes the ai traffic lights disappearing in distance

I created a new thread for you

2.3 tested and there after 2.4 completly new installed. Now I'm happy with the result. Flickering runways are still present on some airports like AS Madrid. Shaddows looks brilliant now.

Just for info to all AMD/ATI Users:

Kown problems still present using New driver 14.9 beta.