Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What ORBX will be doing, with pricing, from P3D v3.0 and onwards..

Even though it would be quite a strain with my income, I wouldnt mind paying for work done, if only it would be cost-effective for the customer as well. With that I mean that all addons will be ready upon the release of the new P3D, or at most within a few weeks, so the addons can be used for the full length of the version cycle of the main program, instead of for just a few months until the next version is released.

Seeing that P3D2 is already running for almost a year and we're not even at a point we've got our scenery back the way it was in 1.4, seems quite odd to me. Before I started with flightsimming, I never saw anything like this before. The day a new version of the main program was released, most, if not all, addons/plug-ins I used were ready to go on the same day and I think this should be the normal way to go.

Cheers!

Maarten

Sorry fellas, I'm late to the party. 64bit? but that would be a loooong time off, so why all the talk? Or have I missed something?

Rockliffe...personally?  I think it is right around the corner...that is what prompted mostly, my thoughts in my '...has L.M. hit the wall...' thread.  You can only pull so much from a very out-dated engine...and I also personally think..that because L.M will be undertaking this project...what we ultimately get...will BLOW US AWAY!  It won't just be the engine under the hood...but all the new goodies, yet unseen HDR Plus...blah blah..that with either make our present high-end systems really shine..and USE the resources...CPU/GPU/Memory allotment...or ...(a chuckle thrown in...) it will take us back to the days of FS9's release envelope...and we will all be scrambling once more over three system generations to play catch-up. If that happens?   I am GOOD with that...for I am excited for our community as a whole...and just know that Flight Simulation is not winding down....no sir...it is once more, with the introduction of P3D and XPX-64 bit...in fact...ramping up!  Can I wait?  Well...not really...but if I am forced to...(smile)....it is..what it is.