Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Windows Update Tuesday (14/10/14) Critical Error...must read...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

No problem, Rich. Just wanted to get the word out that this KB was responsible for borking systems out there...

Thanks Mitch no problems here that I can see but un-installed it anyway as I dont need it :)

Rich Sennett

no problems here downloading  and installing  the 16 updates

if you have done this today, this could have been fixed by M.S. already. If that is the case..then the issue is resolved. When first released, there were problems being reported.

Installed it last night  so it might have been fixed being  on the 16oct

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

MS pulled KB294927 from updates on the 17th, that is why you did not see it.

This kind of problem is exactly why I have auto update off, I only update manually and I always wait at least a week before I update.

Before I update I go to this site to read any news on update problems.

http://www.askwoody.com/

Not as good, but another site to read about any update problems.

http://pcsupport.about.com/

Before I update I go to this site to read any news on update problems.

http://www.askwoody.com/

Woody recommends MSE as his AV cause it is free. yet only a month or so ago in an IT consumer magazine here, it came last in tests. Personally, I have ditched it and use another free AV that scored well in that test. Nevertheless, a good link. Thanks.

Woody recommends MSE as his AV cause it is free. yet only a month or so ago in an IT consumer magazine here, it came last in tests. Personally, I have ditched it and use another free AV that scored well in that test. Nevertheless, a good link. Thanks.

I only use that site for notices on patch Tuesday update problems and nothing else!  I do not even read anything on that site that does not have to do with patch Tuesday update problems!