Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Is MCE able to read PMDG 777 FMC ?

Hi Guys,

I remember reading somewhere that MCE is capable of reading the V speeds, flap positions, trans alititude etc. that is set in the FMC of the PMDG 737NGX.

I dont have the NGX, but fly mostly the PMDG 777-300ER. But I find that I have to manually set the information again in the MCE monitor screen.

It would be good if the feature similar to NGX can be implemented for the 777.

Also I dont get altitude call outs by FO during descent, I am sure its a setting somewhere but I cant find it. My other option is to enable the PMDG altitude call outs if MCE doesnt work.

Thanks

Hari

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Hari, I have not used the PMDG777 for a little while so it may have changed, but the last time I used it I believe the sdk did not support reading the speeds off the fmc. This may have changed in the latest service pack.

Just remember with mce you are not restricted to having to click on anything in the control panel. You can tell your first office by voice "takeoff v1 is xxx" and so on, and your first officer will record the speeds and monitor them for you.

Hi Hari, I have not used the PMDG777 for a little while so it may have changed, but the last time I used it I believe the sdk did not support reading the speeds off the fmc. This may have changed in the latest service pack.

Just remember with mce you are not restricted to having to click on anything in the control panel. You can tell your first office by voice "takeoff v1 is xxx" and so on, and your first officer will record the speeds and monitor them for you.

Hi Will,

Thanks for the tip, I actually never thought of doing that, guess I am so used to the other scripted FO product. Where you have to request using the prescribed commands for the first officer to action.

Will try voice command to request v speed, which also is more realistic.

I did try setting takeoff runway as its in the pmdg 777 document , but could not get for to action....