Sign in to follow this  
Lewicide

tecnam chokes

Just updated to 1.3 cant figure out the chokes

Closed them in flight, engines warm, and shortly both engines shut down

I thought wilco said this was now not possible any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just purchased 1.3, given the list of fixed items (and the fact that, wonder of wonders, Wilco actually responded to user issues!) and its low cost.

However, I cannot even manipulate the choke levers! Left click, right click, mouse wheel, nothing. They quiver, but they don't move. Is there a secret handshake I am missing?

Move your view down low behind the throttle quadrant and try from there and click hold and drag

it is tricky

if you leave the chokes fully DOWN the engines will not cut out

still working out the carb heat, is forward on or off?

I believe you can map them to the mixture controls ... trying to remember what I did ... I recall is was a little odd.  

still working out the carb heat, is forward on or off?

I believe forward is on, based upon the brief look at the checklist to see about those pesky choke levers, and that it is only required when icing conditions exist.

I think I will try Rob's suggestion, see if I can find an unmapped/unused key to control the choke mixture.

Update: After fiddling around and seeing the CTRL+SHIFT+F3 combination for "incremental mixture enriching" the choke levers now work with the mouse as they should have in the first place. Weird.

Odd little aircraft, to tell the truth. Taxis like a drunken sailor, is ultra-stable to the point of drowsiness, and is just not "exciting". Yeah, I guess that would happen after tearing up the canyons in the PC-21, but still...

Okay, I just had to fly her again, and that is an indication of how ... interesting ... this aircraft is. Took a tour from KORS to Anacortes, onto the loop around Concrete and Darrington, back to Jefferson. 

Sedate speed, but great for sight seeing. Not as good as a C337, but pretty close. And it has brakes! I wasn't paying attention and overshot my approach @ Jefferson. Dumped the gear, full flaps, and around she came. Okay, I get this now.

Would probably be a killer in fuel economy for the "Western Roundup" races and similar. Still, pretty slow, but the Rotax engines seem eager. Kind of like a puppy that is just not that bright.  :P

I'll keep her in the hanger, now one of 37 aircraft.

One thing I did notice is if you cut fuel to kill the engines it shuts off *EVERYTHING* - reverts to cold and dark instantly. Not quite real, eh?

In real life the only aircraft I flew with chokes was the Fournier RF4 and RF5.

Basically they are used like chokes in a car. When the engine was cold they would enrich the mixture to keep it running but after a couple of minutes they weren't used again.

I guess that the Rotax Engine is the same although , why a choke control when mixture control is automatic is puzzling and I need to read more about the engine.

On the Forniers I didn't touch them unless it was the first flight of the day.

I like v1.3 but I can't figure out if the autopilot can set up a rate of climb.

Hi Nippa, 

Regarding the autopilot, I found that when I engaged it with any VS number other than zero it would assume that rate of climb/descent when engaged.

Is this what you meant?

JKH

I'm not sure what I mean but it isn't working with my FSX as you describe!

It seemed to me that if I selected the VS button then the autopilot disconnects.

If I select a rate of climb or descent and then push the VS button nothing happens.

Now I have seen it work but I'm not sure what the sequence of button presses was ...maybe ALT on and then selection of a rate ...but I can't repeat that.

On another issue the undercarriage is still operating in about 8 seconds it should be 15 seconds and with the 93kt limit is one of the awkward features of flying this thing.

Heh - there are more than a couple of non-deterministic events in this beastie... My "fuel off" did not shut everything off this time. 

Maybe it just has to be flown a couple of times to settle in...  :lol:

I've been trying to assign the chokes to an axis.  But I can't find anything that works.  Even ctrl+shift+F3 doesn't work.  I use fsuipc to assign my buttons.  But I don't know what numbers control the chokes.  

Sign in to follow this