Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

Landing Lights too dim

Any one else seeing very dim landing and taxi lights?  My other AC seem fine, but, on the PC12 both taxi and landing are so dim I can't see 10' in front of the aircraft.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Joe Lorenc

I'd agree with that completely.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I have a similar problem with most of the newer Carenado and Alabeo planes.  It's not so much that the landing and taxi lights are dim, but that they light the ground only very close to the aircraft.  Very hard to see at all unless you raise the view with multiple shift-enter entries.  Very unrealistic IMO.  An example of what they should look like is the Realair Duke v2 (in FSX).  Those lights lit up the ground well in front of the aircraft.

Gerald

If you have A2A shockwave lights here is what I did with my PC12.  it is a little better. Make a copy of your aircraft config. and add this to the lights

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
light.0 = 9,  7.00, 0.00, 1.80, fx_vclightcarpcdvc,
light.1 = 10,   -0.30, 0.00, 1.50, fx_vclightcarpcd,
light.2 = 10,   -2.40, 0.00, 1.50, fx_vclightcarpcd,
light.3 = 10,   -7.60, 0.00, 1.50, fx_vclightcarpcd,
light.4 = 3, 0.62, -24.999, 0.32, Fx_shockwave_navred
light.5 = 3, 0.70, 25.4987, 0.42, Fx_shockwave_navgre
light.6 = 5, 1.9, -16.25, -1.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light
//light.7 = 5, 1.4, 7.4, -1.97, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light
//light.8 = 5, 1.4, -7.4, -1.97, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light
light.9 = 5, 1.9, 16.25, -1.5, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light
//light.10 = 6, 11.9, -0.3, -3.5, Fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

I wonder if you can take the lights from the Duke.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I suspect that like the Carenado aircraft, the lights in the Duke are built into the model.

Ah...so you can't use the lighting effect by copying the name?  Bummer.  The Duke lights are amazing.

Gregg Seipp