Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

textures missing on 737 ngx because of panel setup

Hi for the past couple 5 days i have been having textures missing on my 737 ngx. i couldn't work out why, so i submitted a ticket to pmdg and they tried everything possible. so i started to undo my last steps, like roll back my drivers, rename the fsx.cfg etc but then soon as i do a repair on my 737 ngx the textures are back BUT soon as i setup the voxatc panel setup the textures are missing. so clearly voxatc is doing something to my textures.

Vernon Howells

Vernon,

Every time you select an aircraft using VOXatc it creates a new panel file.

This can / could cause problems on your custom panel setups. Especially if you want to modify or delete the VOXatc panels.

Also, the old Voxatc panels are not purged from your panel folder ... they just keep using more of your hard drive space.

I wrote to the developer about this problem June 2014:

Does VOXatc ever get rid of the old panel files it created?
It would be nice to have a user selection check box to check (select simulator/indexer/panel setup) to purge old stuff prior to the next panel selections.

Reply from VOXatc:
Hello

No, I'm afraid VoxATC does not purge the old backup panel files. Your
suggestion is noted.

Regards

Tegwyn West

VOXatc-panel-files-not-purged_zps41f2dfc

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

So has this something to do with what i'm experiencing? If this can't be fixed i'll be looking for a full refund and sticking with Radar Contact!!!!

Vernon Howells

I do not know.

You mentioned panel setup so I posted a reply about my panel setup experience.

Best Regards,

Suppose its just me with this problem?

I have requested a full refund from tegwyn as this problem won't be fixed anytime soon

Vernon Howells

Suppose its just me with this problem?

I have requested a full refund from tegwyn as this problem won't be fixed anytime soon

Just a thought, but unless there are a lot of VOX ATC users out there having this problem and just saying nothing, not to mention myself that has not and am not experiencing this anomaly, did it occur to you that the problem might be on your end?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well if i knew mate i wouldn't be asking for help of tegwyn or whatever it is and also on this. but it does seem like its on my end yes. however does that mean i have to spend 40 quid and find out once i run the panel setup so i can get voxatc window to pop up on my 737 ngx that my textures have dissappeared? yeh thats cool i don't mind atall i can live with that. its obvious voxatc is doing something to my textures...not fs2crew...not ezdok...not track ir...not ASN...or any other addon. its this product thats causing this problem, i don't care if its on my end its VOXATC thats casuing it. 

what would you do if you had my problem? just let it go and hope one day the producer is going to go out his way and find this problem. i'm sure he has enough on his hands. or would you spend hours and hours trying to find out why this is happening?

Vernon Howells

When i originally downloaded VOX 2 years ago, i was in the same position as you with the demo, but with a different problem. i also walked away, but kept reading posts in this forum by people using and enjoying this program, so i went back for another try and with Tegwyn's help i finally nailed it. so i bought the program and have been enjoying it ever since. i fly the PMDG 737NGX 800/900, 777 200/300, MD11, 747 400X and never have i experienced your problem.

The problem i had, took 7 days and evenings the first try and about 6 days and evenings on my second try' before finally finding a simple error in my installation. If you run out of demo time' contact Tegwyn and he will probably extend your demo. Of course i wouldn't expect you to purchase until you have it sorted.

what would I do if i had your problem? I think i have already answered that one.

Rick Hobbs

If you run out of demo time' contact Tegwyn and he will probably extend your demo

If you re read "drivers" post  I think he has paid  for  the program  other wise he wouldn't be asking  for  a full refund if he was only  using  the demo. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Its all bought and paid for guys. Like i said i have spent over 5 days now since getting it.

How can i fix this problem and make sure voxatc doesn't steal my textures? Its waaaay over my head and too technical for me i'll end up doing more harm than good.

And where do i start to look? What will i change in these folders will i basically re-write the pmdg textures? Its something out of my hands and prob everyone on this forum. Do you guys agree?

Vernon Howells

If you re read "drivers" post  I think he has paid  for  the program  other wise he wouldn't be asking  for  a full refund if he was only  using  the demo.

My bad, shouldn't post past my bed time.

Vernon, if you have now purchased VOX, you must have run the demo, is there anything you have done since deciding to purchase, like reinstalled or installed anything else that wasn't there before the problem arose? Have you tried rolling back your system to the last time you used VOX without this problem appearing?

Have you had any reply from Tegwyn regarding this problem? I doubt he is just going to ignore your problem.

Rick Hobbs

Hi he has been replying and since said i'm getting a full refund.

when i got the download i didn't think voxatc was causing the missing textures, i tried uninstalling the ngx 3 times re-installed acceleration, re-installed my gtx 780 driver and even rolled back a few. re-named the fsx.cfg returned everything back to default. but when i uninstalled everything previous to this happening i slowly re-installed everything and i left voxatc too last and what happens when i install voxatc my textures dissappear

Vernon Howells

Try:

1. re-run the VOXatc Indexer. Wait for it to finish.

2. Do not select the PMDG aircraft this time.

3. Just select a default aircraft.

4. Start MSFS and select your PMDG aircraft.

5. See if PMDG has returned to normal.

Best Regards,

A reinstall of the NGX should solve the texture problem. Or use a backup of the original PMDG panel.cfg files since that's the only thing VoxATC would change.

Generic tip: Skip the panel installer. If you want to add the VoxATC panel entries on complex planes, better do so manually since some of their methods re: window placement and numbering might interfere with what the VoxATC panel installer has in mind.

Not saying that the tool does something wrong since it just automates adding two windows but that proprietary setups like on some addon planes might lead to trouble.