Sign in to follow this  
ashere

install vox index process hanges

hi have just purchased vox and installing and when the index process starts it gets to aircraft indexing and just hanges . this is prepar3d v2.4 and on windows 7 64 bit

thanks for any help

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not sure if the process writes a log, but you could ask the dev via email if there is something available. Other than that, can you see which aircraft is last scanned? Maybe that offers a hint.

i thanks for the reply .have checked for any error logs and cannot find any . if i change the aircraft to remove afending item just hanges on the next one

i thanks for the reply .have checked for any error logs and cannot find any . if i change the aircraft to remove afending item just hanges on the next one

Sounds strange indeed. Can you try moving all addon planes away and just let it scan the default ones? That should work, for a start.

Also make sure to run the program with a right click and "as admin". Just in case.

Not familiar with P3D, but I am assuming it is still basically an FSX structure. Is this correct? If so, do you have a folder in your P3D root folder called "SimObjects"?

Just another idea: Did you already run the SimulatorSelection.exe in the VoxATC installation folder?

Not familiar with P3D, but I am assuming it is still basically an FSX structure. Is this correct? If so, do you have a folder in your P3D root folder called "SimObjects"?

The reason I ask is because if you are missing any one of the required folders (any one of them can be empty) in the "SimObjects" directory (in FSX), the indexer will hang and you will not get all of your AI aircraft.

Regards,

"if i change the aircraft to remove afending item just hanges on the next one"

Which aircraft(s) has it hung on?

Did you see a Windows message (or similar) saying VOXatc has "stopped responding" ?

During a normal indexing I have noticed LONG pauses .. but it did later continue.