Sign in to follow this  
enrico68

Looking for suggestion for online flying

I just purchased FS2Crew, and, after reading the manual and tutorial, there is a question that maybe I should have asked before purchasing it: when I fly online, and the controller say gives me vectors or altitude changes or holding procedures, how would that work with FS2Crew? I have the NGX version, both button and voice edition. Maybe there is a way to tell the FO what to do and when, outside of the flightplan...let me know, as I really like the product but would like to also use it online with real ATC.

Enrico :smile:

Hi Enrico,

If the autopilot is on, you would set the heading, alt, speed in the MCP since the MCP is your area of responsibility when you're the Pilot Flying,

If the autopilot is off, you'd generally ask the FO to set the MCP values.

So basically just use the printed voice commands from the manual.

Most important thing is to set the Soft Mute key assignment to the same assignment used for your ATC push to talk key.

Hello Bryan,

and thanks for your suggestions. So, if I understand what you suggest, I have to use the voice commands and not the button commands. I will try it, and report back,

Enrico