Sign in to follow this  
Guest Waltm

Has this ever happened to anybody before?

Guest Camsdad

Hello,I've been simming for quite a number of years. My FS2004 setup runs pretty flawless. A few minutes ago I was departing 6L at ANC. I was cleared by FS ATC to take off. I was on my takeoff roll when a Beech 1900 decides to cross the runway. You guess what happened, I do have Ultimate traffic running.I never have experienced that before with ATC. I've had go arounds and hold shorts. Would this be an afcad problem, an Ultimate traffic problem or just chalk it up as simply "As real as it Gets" If it's the latter choice then I hope the FAA, and NTSB are on their way to ANC now. Jeff

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Ive been in a 747 on final approach told to follow the Cessna 172 :)

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi. Similar to your post, only I was in the Aerosoft Beaver coming in with ATC and a 747 came over the top of me to get down !!

>A few minutes ago I was departing 6L at ANC. I was cleared by>FS ATC to take off. I was on my takeoff roll when a Beech>1900 decides to cross the runway. You guess what happened, I>do have Ultimate traffic running.>Actually that was me in the B1900!! :-lol :-lol I thought I could make it accross before you hit me. Sorry!!!:+

Hi Jeff,I've never seen that happen in FS9. Usually FS ground control errs in the opposite sense, e.g. making you hold short for another aircraft on a taxiway half a mile away. My uneducated guess is that it's an AFCAD issue... maybe an invisible parallel runway immediately adjacent to the one you were taking off from? You might do a search on the ICAO designation for the airport and see if you have an AFCAD file you weren't aware of. The first place to look would be in your FS9/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.Best of Luck,Ken

:-xxrotflmao - that one helped my lunch go downregards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Jeff:That is an AFCAD problem where there is no hold short point on the taxiway directly intersecting the runway. Simply go in and find that taxiway intersection and change it and you are all set.I usually delete Hold Short points at certain airports where the taxi to the runway requires crossing the runway first on the taxiway. When traffic gets heavy there is a long wait to cross because aircraft are constantly taking off and ATC won't let us cross untill the line of aircraft already past that point take off. In many cases, the airplanes before the runway crossing point start disappearing before they are cleared to continue taxiing.Hope this helps.Mike T.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Today I was at Juneau,landed on 8 and parked up. Pushed 'ctrl' + w to see if there was any a.i. planes about and as I did so the DC-4 (from CalClassics) that I'd parked beside started up and lurched off to 8 to take off to the southeast. I followed it up and away as ATC directed it to turn straight into the hillside!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/114251.jpgThat was the end of that particular flight plan.Andy

I actually had it happen for the first time ever the other day. I was landing at a runway in the 737-800 with a runway length of 4500 feet! I didn't realize it was 4500 feet until I was on approach, poor planning on my part, LOL. Anyhow, I had to go around since I needed the whole runway and was a little high. Well, I'm pretty sure I forgot to contact the tower after the ARTCC handed me off the second time because a Beech 1900 pulled right out in front of me!! I was like "Oh no way....You son of a b****" ROFL, I landed anyway.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest B52Drivr

Heck, guys,I've had that happen in real life, in FS, in my dreams LOL.For me, I'd leave the file alone, makes it more like real life, cause if you fly long enough, some butthead will taxi across a runway at the worst possbile time . It happens all the time, but luck is usually with them and their numbers dwindle as the FAA really frowns upon that stuffBestClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

As always Clay, thanks for the reality check.I regret to have to confess that such things happen in reverse as well. Many years ago I was shooting touch and goes with a student at the old Downtown Airport in Baton Rouge, an uncontroled airport (And a Park or some such thing now days). After landing with a student, I was justifiably chewed out in no uncertain terms by a fellow instructor for cutting him off when turning final. I looked (as always). I had the student look (as always). Had another pilot in the back seat and he looked as well. I don't know how we missed him, all blind as a bat I guess but all of us missed sighting the other bird on a longer final. All one can do in such a case is tuck your tail between your legs, aplogize intently, and be more observant in the future. Sure had an impact on me.I agree! Leave them in there. Adds to the "as real as it gets bit.RTH1585368CFI

I usually delete Hold Short points at certain airports where the taxi to the runway requires crossing the runway first on the taxiway.....On a similar note, I've had to add some hold short points at some airports...The planes would get stuck too far from the runway , and sit, sit, sit, and finally disappear....:(I had this problem at KHOU for one....Added extra points, and all is well...The entrance, hold points for 12R were too far awayI think. I added extra new ones closer to the runway, and it cured the problem. In that case, the planes had to cross 12L to get to 12R...But most go out on 12R being it's the longer runway, with ILS, etc...Only the small planes use 12L...MK

Guest Waltm

I've been flying FS2004 for a long time with heaps of addon traffic, and I ran into (literally) the same situation you did at another airport. Also I've had AI aircraft crash into me from behind while on final (if I'm lucky, I hear it approaching, whereupon I quickly switch my aircraft into slew mode and allow the beast to pass on ahead).One of the strangest things I've seen an AI aircraft do is disappear into the water while on final to a seaside runway, only to re-emerge from under the waves a few seconds later and complete the landing. :-hmmm -- Walt

if I'm lucky, I hear it approaching, whereupon I quickly switch my aircraft into slew mode and allow the beast to pass on ahead)........LOL...I was doing some testing on a plane the other day, and was doing T&G's at KHOU's west 17/35 runway...I wasn't paying any attention to ATC or the AI traffic...Anyway, I had just left the runwayheading south "17", and had crossed over runway 4, which crosses atthe SW end of the airport...Anyway...I had a 737 cross right behind meas I passed runway 4, and he must have only missed me by feet...You can actually hear them...Sure, it's just the engine noise, but with the psuedo doppler effect, it does sound quite like a "whoooosh!"...Kinda made my arm hairs stand on end... :/ MK