Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

ALTN updates

What is the event that causes the ALTN destinations list to be updated?

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

What is the event that causes the ALTN destinations list to be updated?

I believe that it's just time, but it could also be distance metrics to some of the airports on that list.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Richard:  Browse FCOMv2 Section 34. FMC communications is tailored by each airline. It can be manual or automatic and even pushed to the airplane by a dispatcher.

I've noticed the ALTN page can become "stale" and require manual updates, but I have not dug any deeper because I always set my own alternates based on selections made in PFPX.  I presume the airline has preferred alternates where they have negotiated with airport for landing fees, fuel, passenger services and so forth so unless you have a dire emergency where any runway will do then diversions will be to a preferred location. Thus, I'm managing the ALTN page along with FIXES and would find automatic updates of the ALTN information intrusive.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan, Thanks for your comments. I was querying the PMDG 777 mechanism. Apologies for not making that clear.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I was querying the PMDG 777 mechanism.

As Dan mentioned, even that has options, but I had assumed you were asking about the automatic updates. In that case, I'll refer to my earlier statement in that I believe it's time or distance-based (seems more time to me, but I'm not 100% sure on that one).

Kyle Rodgers