Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Local flight

Is anyone of you guys able to make a local flight without a flightplan. Say for example you just want to depart your airport for a scenic flight and then return. I used to be able to request a local flight but these days it says "no ATC unit available" or something to that extent. A few versions ago i belive you could just fire up Voxatc and request a local

Mike

i see, there need to be a tower for a local flight. Makes sense to have someone to actually announce it to :) But then you really cant make a local flight from a non towered airport and enjoy VoxATC in any way (in real life you still would have to deal with other aircraft using your departure airport and when you return and in this situation you cant activate VoxATC.

If there needs to be a tower then why on page 46 of the manual does it say unicom frequencies on airports with no control tower. Therefore you should be able to do local flights at airports with no control tower and still have ATC frequncy work.

Mark