Sign in to follow this  
Werner747

End of the road for the 777?

True...although some do. Ever wonder why DAL still uses their DC-9s and SWA still has 300s and 500s running around? They're paid for...haha.

...and you're right. Might even run into me there, though I'm not sure many would consider that to be a perk of that museum :P

Worry not. I'm taking a break from runs to IAD after a few incidents recently...

Begging the question there... What did you do.... Take the Blackbird for a spin in the pattern?

Begging the question there... What did you do.... Take the Blackbird for a spin in the pattern?

haha - nah...one too many laps around Saarinen Circle in an effort to spark a Dulles 500.

Kyle Rodgers

Hah - roger. I take it your as much of an IAD nut as I am an ORD one..

Hah - roger. I take it your as much of an IAD nut as I am an ORD one..

Yes and no. Working there off and on for nearly a decade took some of it out of me, but I still have a soft spot for it.

Kyle Rodgers

It also may be likely that in the future, Boeing will "modernize" the 777 like it did with the 747-i8, rather than redesigning a whole new replacement. The 777 may be 20 years old, but it is not out-dated.  Much of it is still cutting-edge.

This was already launched in November 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_777X

Brandon Filer

SWA doesn't have any 500's.  They never have.

Donald Baker

Actually, they do, forum user without a name. (politely reminding you of the forum rules here :) )

Just search for N511SW, as an example.

SWA doesn't have any 500's.  They never have.

Might want to do a little more research there. They do, actually - 13 of 'em. Even wikipedia has the information clearly available.

It's the 600 (the "new 500") that they've never had, and they never operated the 400 (the "old 800").

Kyle Rodgers

Ooohhhh!  sorry 'bout that.  I remember a pilot telling me that some while ago (the pilot that took the picture that you see) and just lost track of which one it was.  Oh well, some days "don't pay to get up".  Thanx. . .I stand corrected.

Donald Baker

KriVa...Did you have trouble reading my name?  Or were you talking about someone else?

Donald Baker

KriVa...Did you have trouble reading my name?  Or were you talking about someone else?

We usually look for it down under the horizontal line out of habit. Probably just didn't see it. Honestly, I didn't until this post prompted me to go back and look.

By the way, if you add 

[IMG= and ]

...to the beginning and end of the link in your signature, respectively, the image will appear instead of the link.

So, it should be:

[IMG]http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg[/IMG]

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle.  I'll attend to that now.  I wondered why that wasn't working.  Incidentally, congratulations on your 'promotion'.  Very impressive, indeed.

Donald Baker

Forgot:  While were at it, how do I get my name below the line?

Forgot:  While were at it, how do I get my name below the line?

Top right of the forum. Click on your username. Click on My Settings. Click on Signature (on the left of the page). Type your name into the box and add the image tags around the link that you already put into that box.

Click Save Changes, below the box.

Also, you appear to have entered some data in the wrong spot. On the Profile Settings section, you have "http://downloads.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/Boeing77." Remove that. This text box only displays text. If you look above your profile picture here in this thread, you can see that there's a heap of text where it doesn't quite belong (you can safely delete what you have in there and then scroll to the bottom and save changes). The text you'd entered there should be in the signature section, as I've outlined above.

Kyle Rodgers

Actually, they do, forum user without a name. (politely reminding you of the forum rules here :) )

Just search for N511SW, as an example.

I would politely like to mention that over the last year you have posted more "signature police" like posts than anything else ;-)

Rob Robson

Donald; i did indeed completely miss that, my apologies!

Rob: Your point being? To be honest, I'm pretty wary of helping people out who haven't even bothered to read the forum rules.

However, in most of my "forum policy"posts, I like to add at least some useful info.

Donald; i did indeed completely miss that, my apologies!

Rob: Your point being? To be honest, I'm pretty wary of helping people out who haven't even bothered to read the forum rules.

However, in most of my "forum policy"posts, I like to add at least some useful info.

Yes True, you do also help people.

I just dont understand what you get out of constantly acting like an employee of PMDG who is hired to point out the signature policy every time?

My point is that I am bothered more by your continuous "police" posts than by a guy with a question but without a signature.

It really annoys me.......I just needed to get that of my chest....you can disregard it ofcourse.

Rob Robson