Sign in to follow this  
armchair_pilot

YMMLv2 performance confusion

So I purchased this beautiful airport a few days ago, just to find out that performance is horrible, even on a modern rig and the best thing is, it seems I can't do anything about it. I load up the PMDG777 at RWY16 at night, with absolutely 0% traffic of all sorts, gives me around 24fps. Trying to gain better performance, I followed the guide that's described in the manual, setting autogen from very dense to normal and even turned down scenery settings in the YMML config panel (Levels 3 and 4). Result: a whopping 1fps gain.

Since I want my sim to be realistic, I only fly with AI traffic. You can only imagine it is impossible to enjoy this scenery with traffic enabled. I tried it once, fps went down to 14-17 on approach, unacceptable.

My cfg is tweaked with the most important performance tweaks: HIGHMEMFIX, UsePools=0, AffinityMask and FFTF=0.1. They work great and the system is stable when running for hours.

I saw other people with less powerful systems getting good performance with this airport though, am I missing something???

EDIT: System specs: WIn7 64bit, i7 4770k 4,3GHz, GTX770 Phantom 4GB, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 750W PSU

try only using the highmemfix tweak and not the others.

also the pmdg777 is going to tax your system even at default airports.

you probably dont want to hear this but try turning autogen off.

I myself only turn on autogen if I am doing slow and low flights in something like a2a 172

I'll try this, thanks. Although I don't really see much hope in removing tweaks since they always helped me getting good performance. At any other airport I am in the 20-30fps range with traffic enabled and heavy weather (ASN). 

If we are talking about YMML by ORBX, then I must say that it was my worst purchase for FSX.

Ground textures are horrible, performance is unacceptable.

I was so disappointed about YMML that uninstalled it and even deleted from my addon storage folder.

Never ever on my FSX.

Artur 

24 fps  that's good   at ymml  wouldn't complain about  that, try ybbn  see how  you go there :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Get ANTS Brisbane v1.0 YBBN it's heaps better than ORBX one which is unusable pretty much. YMML is fine if you have the recommended settings as previous posts.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Its a shame.  I only have it because its my home airport.

If Fly Tampa created a YMML the ORBX would be off my system in a heart beat !

Still, its a good scenery, shame about the performance.

I bought the scenery because of FlyTampa's soon to be released Sydney so that I could do some short hauls between them. This is indeed a shame, expected a better job from orbx.

24 fps  that's good   at ymml  wouldn't complain about  that, try ybbn  see how  you go there :P

It's only good if you can maintain those with AI traffic enabled and 5 layers of ultimate thunderstorm clouds ;) but seriously, this airport is nothing else but a pure stutterfest. On the other hand I don't want to turn down my settings until FSX looks like FS1 though...

Ok so this must be a HUGE joke. I unchecked everything in the YMML control panel, fired up the sim at RWY16, seeing a maximum of 22-23fps (which equals a gain of ~2fps in total) at night, without any kind of traffic and still it stutters like hell. Congratulations orbx on this piece of junk scenery. This is how customers throw money out of the window..