Sign in to follow this  
callegro

Making flying at night time more realistic?

Anyone know how to make night flying on FSX more realistic as far as how dark it is outside. The cockpit lighting is okay, but I feel like outside should be a lot more dark, almost to the point of not being able to see clouds. I do have a ENB, not sure if that has something to do with it.

Try using EMB Series, some of the profiles look pretty good at night and you can manually adjust the settings in the ini file to suit your own system and monitor.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Try flying when there is a new moon.  I suspect that FSX overdoes the light coming from the moon.  Also, I use the Orbx light configurator for Global and have them turned down to the smallest, dimmest.  I still think at least the neighborhood lights are much too bright, but it's better.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If you have ENB and find it not so good at night, F12 is the default on off key.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I found nighttime to be much more realistic in FSX after switching to DX10 using Steve's fixer.  The sky and ground was much darker, especially with no moon out.  Add in UTX v2.0 night lights and I am loving night flying now.  I could never find a solution otherwise as it always drove me crazy how bright it was at night.

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11