Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Question about gate arrival with APU

I have APU set in the CFG and the FO starts the APU after landing.  At gate arrival once the brakes are on the the FO advised "Ready for Shutdown", I then turn off the engines.  My question is this:  Will the aircraft power automatically switch over to APU or do I need to click the bus switches on the overhead to move the power over.  If so, when do you actually do this...before engines shut down or after ?

Second question:  There is an instruction in the manual to release parking brakes after chocks are in.  how do you know, the ground crew is not advising that chocks are in ?

thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Mark,

The FO will put the APU on the busses during his pre-shutdown flow when you set the Parking brake:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=first_officer___pilot_not_flying_flows

After the FO's flow is completed (it only takes a few seconds), you should cut the engines.

You can assume the chocks are in.

The ground crew could give you a visual signal with his hands, or contact you via the interphone.

I think in the NGX the ground crew does actually contact you via the interphone...

Great, thanks Bryan.  Flying one more test flight then will upload the NGX version of my compact flows chart.