Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Rex4 Service Pack 4 released

HELP!!!!   The carb in my A2A Skylane is flooded.... (along with the Passenger Cabin and most of the nearby Workshops). Does anyone have the number for the Inshore Rescue Guys???   :P

After installing this update, my first impression after a short bad weather flight is that the clouds are far more convincing. Not referring to spinning or flat or vertical clouds although I didn't see any of that. I am referring to the repetition of textures, i.e. seeing numerous instances of the exact same puff of cloud multiple times. Often even in the same cloud. This I found to be the most annoying thing in REX4. I never say that in REX essentials and I have always considered REX Essentials to have far more realistic looking clouds. However, with this latest update I did not see any textures repeated in the sky scape and the clouds looked great. early days but it looks promising:-)

so it's not just water textures that are changed?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

"We have officially released Service Pack 4 / Texture Update # 2 for users to download.

You can download the update through the REX 4 Texture Direct interface or through our forum at:

http://www.realenvir...xture-update-2/

Here is a list of the fixes associated with this update:

1.) Updated DX11 Sun textures for support of Prepar3D v2.4

2.) Updated DX11 Wave Animation Textures for support of Prepar3d v2.4

3.) Included fix to make static wave animations for Prepar3D v2.4 to become animated.

4.) My Themes and Community Themes show texture names installed or to be installed."

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

It'll take time to be more certain, but obviously water is allot better now. the glistening effect is more gradual with more dispersed coverage.... and the waves also are appear more natural with a similar improvement in dispersion.

The clouds at first glance have a more natural appearance.. more shapely perhaps with better definition. But this part will require more flights etc to be sure.

All in all, it seems REX's excellent product has been refined even further, and that's great value for me! Thanks REX! Now, when will we finally see weather direct and architect?? Can't wait.... Lol!

Huge improvement--thanks REX!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X