Sign in to follow this  
David Bourne

CTD ..... ATC.DLL.... How come?

Hi folks,

I had a CTD wih FSX today.   AppCrashViewer showed the "Fault Module" to be FSX's own native ATC.DLL.

I was wondering how this standard DLL could cause the CTD, or is this simply an 'Out Of Memory' in disguise?

Thanks in advance for any insight/

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It is not an OOM. What plane?what phase of flight? Were you using the default ATC?

Hi, I was using the FlySimWare C441, in FSX, and the CTD (which gave no error message) happened close to the arrival airport.   It was a short (100km) flight from ESUP to ESNQ, in the beta release of the freeware "Sweden Design 1" scenery.   I have pretty modest settings in FSX;  Autogen and Complexity at 'Norm', low AI, etc.

I was using the default ATC on the flight, but at the time of the CTD, there was no activity, and the ATC window wasn't displayed.

As the Sweden Design 1 software is Beta, I wonder if it has an anomoly in AFCAD or other airport data, that has caused a clash with FSX ATC's data, resulting in the CTD?

Thanks for any help.

I don't think it has to do with scenery. I did a search in google and it seems it has to do with ATC either when you are interacting with it or when it is interacting with AI planes.

Hi folks,

I had a CTD wih FSX today.   AppCrashViewer showed the "Fault Module" to be FSX's own native ATC.DLL.

I was wondering how this standard DLL could cause the CTD, or is this simply an 'Out Of Memory' in disguise?

Thanks in advance for any insight/

Unless you modified the native ATC with something like Editvoicepack, or as you pointed out, the other software still in Beta possibly playing a subtle part, it's very unlikely that a well tested dll like "atc.dll" would cause a CTD.

Sometimes it's a sign of inherent instability with your system. This time it's atc.dll, next time it could be some other dll.

If overclocking, you may want to check it's really stable.

We have listed the probable causes for the ATC.dll crash in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,

I don't think it has to do with scenery. I did a search in google and it seems it has to do with ATC either when you are interacting with it or when it is interacting with AI planes.

I've read that the Sweden Design 1 scenery package comes with custom AI movements, so I wonder if there is an issue between that AI and the default ATC.      I've have not customized AI in any way, and my system is standard and not Overclocked.   CTDs are a rarety for me, but when they have occured it's usually down to external modules, so quite rare to see ATC.DLL 'blamed' by AppCrashViewer.   Will check out the CTD Guide.

thanks